The Student Room Group

How do I get over my first heartbreak

My ex told me I need to move on because she has. I wish it were that easy. Believe me, if there was a magic pill I could take to be completely over her, I would be the first in line to take it.

5 months together. That's all it was. Yet I'm still hurting 8 months on. As for her, she started pulling away towards the end of that 5 months, telling me she needs some time, you know how it goes after you hear those words.

Today was the first time I had seen her in 4 months. She seems like a completely different person. Not the one I dated in those 5 months. Perhaps these are her true colors? Who knows. Point is, everything about our relationship seems to mean nothing to her. The intimacy, the "I love you so much" "I won't breakup with you" "You're very special to me". But in the end, they're all just empty words. When you hear and experience these words in the moment, you think her feelings are real and true, but it seems no matter how real it looked, I really didn't mean all that much to her. To her, it's as if it never happened.

So if anyone has some advice on how to get over your first heartbreak, please share it below. I'd rather just the pain go away because I'm done trying to get her back. Accepted friendship, made mistakes, might have been too much for the no contact rule. I figured blocking and deleting her everywhere is a good start, but I feel like it's gonna take more than that to heal.

Thanks
Through away all old memories.

Give your self a pamper,go out with your friends (wearing a mask)

And try to forget about him/her by keeping yourself busy.
Original post by Megatitans101
My ex told me I need to move on because she has. I wish it were that easy. Believe me, if there was a magic pill I could take to be completely over her, I would be the first in line to take it.

5 months together. That's all it was. Yet I'm still hurting 8 months on. As for her, she started pulling away towards the end of that 5 months, telling me she needs some time, you know how it goes after you hear those words.

Today was the first time I had seen her in 4 months. She seems like a completely different person. Not the one I dated in those 5 months. Perhaps these are her true colors? Who knows. Point is, everything about our relationship seems to mean nothing to her. The intimacy, the "I love you so much" "I won't breakup with you" "You're very special to me". But in the end, they're all just empty words. When you hear and experience these words in the moment, you think her feelings are real and true, but it seems no matter how real it looked, I really didn't mean all that much to her. To her, it's as if it never happened.

So if anyone has some advice on how to get over your first heartbreak, please share it below. I'd rather just the pain go away because I'm done trying to get her back. Accepted friendship, made mistakes, might have been too much for the no contact rule. I figured blocking and deleting her everywhere is a good start, but I feel like it's gonna take more than that to heal.

Thanks

You first need to accept the fact that it's happened and that there's no scenario where you are going to end up back with that person. IF you don't feel like you have the strength to not stalk their social media accounts then sure, go ahead and block everything related to her just so that you can get some space from being reminded of her. Next, you need to take up a hobby or do something to take your mind off of the heartbreak, go exercise, play a sport, do something you've always wanted to do. Become a better person because of it.

Let me tell you something about life that you may not have realised yet, failures are life's greatest lessons, learn from it, and then move on and grow because of it. Eventually given enough time and enough failures you will find someone who makes your previous partner pale in comparison and you will have become someone else entirely, you will still be you, just better.

"Some people are lost in their fires, others are forged in them."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending