does anyone here like 60's music?

Watch
Ds_04
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
in my school,everyone likes all the new rap/grime music which to me sounds awfull. Are there any other 16 year olds who love music from the 60's and 80's ?
_alex_ewing_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ds_04)
in my school,everyone likes all the new rap/grime music which to me sounds awfull. Are there any other 16 year olds who love music from the 60's and 80's ?
80s Yes. 60s not so much.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The 80s were great, kids these days dont know what they're missing

chubee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ds_04)
Omg bro I finally have someone who relates.
😂😂 I'm 18nand all I listen to is music from between the 60s and mid 90s.
What bands / artists are you into? Would love to hear from someone else my age who has the same music taste.
Ds_04
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
love the beatles, kinks,monkees,rolling stones and most 80s hits. what about you?
blackprincessxo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I love almost every song from the 60's-20's! I love,"Stand by Me" by Ben E. King, "Chapel of love" by the Dixie Cups, "Respect" by Arethra Franklin!! Wooo the list goes on! 😁
chubee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blackprincessxo)
I love almost every song from the 60's-20's! I love,"Stand by Me" by Ben E. King, "Chapel of love" by the Dixie Cups, "Respect" by Arethra Franklin!! Wooo the list goes on! 😁
That's cool. 😎😄 I don't know about anyone else but I've found some absolutely hilarious /weird stuff whilst exploring music from this era.
Check out (chumdrumbedrum) you'll die if laughter I swear😂😂😂
TJ1997
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not 16, but even when I was, I actually preferred 70s-90s music what with Heart/Magic FM constantly on the radio growing up...

Now I'm more acquainted with a wider variety of music genres and types, so love 60s stuff from Beach Boys, Beatles, etc to Monkees, Roy Orbison, Dusty Springfield and the Everly Brothers
Last edited by TJ1997; 1 month ago
Picnicl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ogden's Nut Gone Flake (1968 part concept album by The Small Faces)
Syd Barret's solo work (touches in to early 70s yet very 60s) eg the songs Waving my arms in the air, Love Song, It Is Obvious, Effervescing Elephant, Dominos, Wined and Dined. His Pink Floyd work includes Astronomy Domine, Bike, Arnold Layne, Scarecrow, Chapter 24, Apples and Oranges, In The Beechwoods, Jugband Blues
The Soft Parade by The Doors
Smile by Brian Wilson
Em395
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When I was 16 (3 years ago), I preferred 60s-early 90s. I loved The Beatles' early music the most.
GreenCub
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah definitely - there are some great songs by The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix etc. I like classic rock a lot but I probably listen to a bit more 70s and 80s music than 60s. (I'm 18 by the way but close enough)
Oiioioiof
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Same I’m 13 and I get taken the piss out of for liking older music. Tbh with u modern music doesn’t make sense so yeah, it’s a shame today’s music isn’t as good as 80s and 60s
Oiioioiof
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
same I’m 13 and tbh modern music doesn’t make sense. I get taken the piss out of from liking older music lol but it’s a shame music can’t be the same as 80s and 60s pop stars are too busy being vain.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (122)
28.37%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.53%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.3%
No - I live at home during term anyway (127)
29.53%

Watched Threads