The Student Room Group

Unable to enrol at University

I had a place confirmed at UCL to study this year but I had to put off enrolment because I wasn't sure I would have funding, I was in constant contact with them telling them I am waiting for SFE to confirm I would receive a tuition fee loan, finally I received this confirmation yesterday and tried to enrol today. The tutor I am speaking to has said it's no longer possible as I didn't inform them of the issue but I was doing so constantly, I am now no longer receiving and I am desperate to attend this academic year.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I had a place confirmed at UCL to study this year but I had to put off enrolment because I wasn't sure I would have funding, I was in constant contact with them telling them I am waiting for SFE to confirm I would receive a tuition fee loan, finally I received this confirmation yesterday and tried to enrol today. The tutor I am speaking to has said it's no longer possible as I didn't inform them of the issue but I was doing so constantly, I am now no longer receiving and I am desperate to attend this academic year.

??
Original post by Anonymous
??

Did they give you any deadline for enrolling?

I would be tempted to email the member of staff you have been speaking to, “this is obviously disappointing news to me, I have been in regular communication up until DATE and I wasn’t aware of the enrolment deadline that you mentioned...” .

However, if I am honest I don’t think anything can be done now. Academics don’t determine enrolment dates so they may not even have been aware even if they were in touch with you. It’s now very late for enrolling for this year, (I am presuming this is not relating to a January start date), as you’ve missed around 4 weeks of teaching. Your best option may be to see if they can still defer you for 2021 entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending