isabel13x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’ve just started Year 12 and I’ve been very set on studying Law since Year 7. I’m thinking of applying to Oxford so obviously I’m going to have to do really well in the LNAT to stand a chance.

I did an LNAT mock and got 19 which I’m pretty sure is below average, I’ve always been confident in English and my comprehension skills but the questions are just worded really weirdly. I’m not too worried because I know I have plenty of time to prepare, but do you guys think I should start now? Should I get arbitio and the study guides or just wait until a couple months, because I have mocks soon and I’m about to start an extensive research project for a certificate thingy so I don’t have a lot of time on my hands.

If you guys could let me know your experience that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!xx
oxfordwannabe8
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by isabel13x)
So I’ve just started Year 12 and I’ve been very set on studying Law since Year 7. I’m thinking of applying to Oxford so obviously I’m going to have to do really well in the LNAT to stand a chance.

I did an LNAT mock and got 19 which I’m pretty sure is below average, I’ve always been confident in English and my comprehension skills but the questions are just worded really weirdly. I’m not too worried because I know I have plenty of time to prepare, but do you guys think I should start now? Should I get arbitio and the study guides or just wait until a couple months, because I have mocks soon and I’m about to start an extensive research project for a certificate thingy so I don’t have a lot of time on my hands.

If you guys could let me know your experience that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!xx
Why do you have mocks in Year 12?
Hannah.Banana.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m the same as you, year 12 and wanting to apply for Oxbridge law (with french law) and I’ve heard that you don’t really have to prepare for the LNAT, it’s just a way of assessing how you think and how your mind works. Either way, I’d say you definitely don’t need to start preparing until the beginning of year 13.
isabel13x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
doesn’t everyone have mocks in year 12? lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (715)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (903)
42.8%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed