sylviaplath10
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Is exclusive dating something common in Oxford? Or is the scene characterized by random one-night hook ups at a club? Do people tend to have sex with "anyone" or with someone they are in a relationship with?
Tyraell
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by edders)
Not much sex going on at all in Oxford as far as I can see...
Too busy reading books?
Huw Davies
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Quite a lot of incestual intra-college\intra-choir\intra-society stuff goes on. Things like crew dates\bops\balls break down barriers and inhibitions quite well.
epitome
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Whatever you're after, it's generally findable. You just have to be looking in the right places.
Peter_The_Great
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sylviaplath10)
Is exclusive dating something common in Oxford? Or is the scene characterized by random one-night hook ups at a club? Do people tend to have sex with "anyone" or with someone they are in a relationship with?
Tally ho, my fine saucy young trollop, your luck's in. Trip along here with all your cash and some naughty night attire, and you'll be staring at my bedroom ceiling from now till Christmas, you lucky tart! Yours with deepest respect etc., signed Peter. P.S. Woof! Woof!
boxster
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Peter_The_Great)
Tally ho, my fine saucy young trollop, your luck's in. Trip along here with all your cash and some naughty night attire, and you'll be staring at my bedroom ceiling from now till Christmas, you lucky tart! Yours with deepest respect etc., signed Peter. P.S. Woof! Woof!
It's very moving, Sir. Would you mind if I change one tiny aspect?
His Grace
Report 12 years ago
What bout gay stuff? Is there much? Are relationships between boys in v-neck pullovers frequent?
MSB
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by His Grace)
Are relationships between boys in v-neck pullovers frequent?
I'd like to know this too.
CarneLevare
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hear buggery is practically mandatory at some of the more...'floral' colleges (read: Magdalen, Wadham)
probably not
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
it's a lot easier if you're gay

(oh, except any references to actually being gay are gags about sodomy. again. ho ho.)
Teebs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by CarneLevare)
I hear buggery is practically mandatory at some of the more...'floral' colleges (read: Magdalen, Wadham)
Corrected.
Athena
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Huw Davies)
Quite a lot of incestual intra-college\intra-choir\intra-society stuff goes on. Things like crew dates\bops\balls break down barriers and inhibitions quite well.
Or alcohol in general. (Incidentally, I'm making no comments...)
TeaSquirrel
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Peter_The_Great)
Yay Blackadder!

And on topic....I'd say random hook-ups and relationships are equally prevalent although one night stands are maybe less common than they are elsewhere (not sure if this is due to workload/morals/geekiness or a combination of all 3!).
madima
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
let's cut to the chase here: will the girls give you blowies just because you two are alone in the same room? in other words, is it like over here (london)?
Lucy Pevensie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by madima)
let's cut to the chase here: will the girls give you blowies just because you two are alone in the same room? in other words, is it like over here (london)?
I woudnt do that Thats for the commoners:rolleyes:
Teebs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by madima)
Yes. Unfortunately alarms go off and you get tackled to the floor and dealt with by porters if you are alone with a member of the opposite sex.
His Grace
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by MSB)
I'd like to know this too.
Heyyyy...how u doin?
Tyraell
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Teebs)
Yes. Unfortunately alarms go off and you get tackled to the floor and dealt with by porters if you are alone with a member of the opposite sex.
So get somebody to watch?
GossOx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sylviaplath10)
Hi Sylvia, I'd put my head in your oven.
Caperucitaroja
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by GossOx)
Hi Sylvia, I'd put my head in your oven.
:nopity:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things โ€“ I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads