Transferring to a different university through clearing

Watch
La Vie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there, I appreciate you taking time to read this. I’m currently in my first year studying law I got into a university through clearing since I couldn’t meet the entry requirements needed for this course but luckily I got in through clearing. However I am not happy at this university and I want to transfer to Royal Holloway however I’ve recently called RH and found out they consider the a level grades too and not just what I’d get at my first year of uni therefore I wouldn’t be able to get in. So my question is I know I didn’t do well in my alevels however if I got 2.1 in my first year then I’d be able to transfer but the problem is that I can’t apply now since it’s only the beginning of the year I haven’t done the exams or my results yet so I don’t know what to do and I’m wondering if there is a transfer clearing thing I could apply through ??? I hope somebody would give me some guidance. Thank you if you’ve read till this point I appreciate your time.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by La Vie)
Hi there, I appreciate you taking time to read this. I’m currently in my first year studying law I got into a university through clearing since I couldn’t meet the entry requirements needed for this course but luckily I got in through clearing. However I am not happy at this university and I want to transfer to Royal Holloway however I’ve recently called RH and found out they consider the a level grades too and not just what I’d get at my first year of uni therefore I wouldn’t be able to get in. So my question is I know I didn’t do well in my alevels however if I got 2.1 in my first year then I’d be able to transfer but the problem is that I can’t apply now since it’s only the beginning of the year I haven’t done the exams or my results yet so I don’t know what to do and I’m wondering if there is a transfer clearing thing I could apply through ??? I hope somebody would give me some guidance. Thank you if you’ve read till this point I appreciate your time.
Honestly you should have just resat A levels.
If RH wil accept a 2:1 from Y1 and your results are out later, talk to them and they may say apply as normal and they will just give you a conditional based on getting a 2:1. Not seeing the problem or why you have to wait till clearing?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by La Vie)
You said that they told you that they still consider your A level grades, not just your year one grades-why would applying through clearing be any better?
Not every university will accept transfers, even if you’re wanting to start from year one.
If they have told you that your a-level grades will still be relevant then I’m afraid they will still be relevant. Only way to get round that would have been to resit your a levels to get better grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.47%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.51%

Watched Threads