annaolivex
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am currently learning GCSE Spanish and German and I’m worried I won’t be able to take the exams in the summer if GCSEs are cancelled so I would have no grades which is need to do A-Levels. Can I do mocks if I’m an external candidate and could they be used to determine a final grade?
Jonathongli
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by juliaxoxox)
I am currently learning GCSE Spanish and German and I’m worried I won’t be able to take the exams in the summer if GCSEs are cancelled so I would have no grades which is need to do A-Levels. Can I do mocks if I’m an external candidate and could they be used to determine a final grade?
As a igcse student I would tell u to give exams as the result u r talking about is usually based on mocks and expected grades and even ifvu get good grades from it u won't have the feeling that a student who gave exam had and u would feel u got it without hard work.its just my opinion plz don't take it personally.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In theory they can. Do you have a centre that has agreed to accept you as a private candidate? You'd have to persuade them to let you take mocks there - it's not very likely they will and it will cost you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (649)
41.02%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed