Memesbygsus
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello
I was supposed to sit my GCSEs earlier this year, but because of the Coronavirus, they were cancelled and I ended up with my predicted grades. The grades I ended up with weren't sufficient enough for me to study Maths and Physics A-Level.

I know that I'm the only person to blame, but I had hope as I was continuously improving throughout year 11 and with each mock I did, I got a higher grade. I was optimistic that by the time I sat my exams, I'd get the grade requirements.

I'm currently doing English, Psychology and Media. I'm kinda lost and don't really know what I wanna do after sixth form.

Is there any way around this? Or should I just pick a different career path?

Thank you
Emily~3695
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Memesbygsus)
Hello
I was supposed to sit my GCSEs earlier this year, but because of the Coronavirus, they were cancelled and I ended up with my predicted grades. The grades I ended up with weren't sufficient enough for me to study Maths and Physics A-Level.

I know that I'm the only person to blame, but I had hope as I was continuously improving throughout year 11 and with each mock I did, I got a higher grade. I was optimistic that by the time I sat my exams, I'd get the grade requirements.

I'm currently doing English, Psychology and Media. I'm kinda lost and don't really know what I wanna do after sixth form.

Is there any way around this? Or should I just pick a different career path?

Thank you
You can do courses with a foundation year if you don’t have the correct a levels to do a subject you want to do so maybe that’s something you could look into, it’ll add an extra year to your time at uni but at least you would be able to study the subject you want
Or you could resist maths and physics GCSEs this year and start a levels next year although this may be a little bit harder
Smokestar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I suggest resitting maths and physics. Then from there taking them for A levels. Its going to be difficult but if you get through this then it will show that you truly are committed to becoming an astrophysicist and I'm sure become a darn good one too
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it’s best to take a foundation year, do great in these subjects and enjoy them then go to uni with a foundation year! That way you’ll be taught the physics and maths that you require for uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads