The Student Room Group

Studying in Cafes

Hi- so i've got my mocks coming up and i want to revise out of the house sometimes, but my local library has shut the study spaces, so is it ok if i revise in a cafe? i would obviously buy food and drink- also does anyone know of any chains that don't care?
Reply 1
1000% yes, just pop in and get a tea/coffee/smoothie/whatever then find a table you're comfortable at and get yourself set up like laptop, books, etc. and you're good for at least an hour, probably a couple. I expect most independent cafes wouldn't mind but I guess you can never be sure so just ask them and see. Otherwise I used to do this in Costa allllll the time for like 3 hour periods. If possible bring earphones or something even if you don't study with music, just something to block the chatter out will help
(edited 3 years ago)
I don't like Starbucks but people are on their laptops in there all day. That chain tends to stay open later than others.

I have noticed that most chains mind less than independent coffee shops (which are smaller and have more limited seating, although some are themed as 'workspaces' but they're overpriced). Nero is one chain that is OK and tends to have dark cosy pockets of seating in their cafes which I like.
Also there are some cafes within other things, like my local library and art gallery had coffee shops which people studied in. Local unis as well will have some ones on campus open to the public. In fact any coffee shops within 10 mins of a uni campus will be more flexible with people studying cause they;re probably used to it.
Reply 4
Original post by eleanorsarah05
Hi- so i've got my mocks coming up and i want to revise out of the house sometimes, but my local library has shut the study spaces, so is it ok if i revise in a cafe? i would obviously buy food and drink- also does anyone know of any chains that don't care?

You could definitely revise at Starbucks they have free wi-fi and literally don't care if you buy something. I've got my mocks coming up too so I get wanting to get out of the house sometimes:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest