my life sucks so baaad and feel life I have no purpose

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Before COVID my life was somewhat interesting but now it sucks
is this what every teen is going through now ?
I'm 17 and apart from study i do nothing but stay in my room
how can i get out of this hole? thx
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
omg im in the same position but I don't even study anymore im just so depressed all the time and I literally cry all of the time
weightlifting98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
join a gym
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by weightlifting98)
join a gym
my gym has shut down due to covid
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not just teens, everyone is in the same position. I was planning on starting a new job and making new friends and doing new hobbies but alas covid has put all of that on hold
Anonymous #1
(Original post by weightlifting98)
join a gym
If only my parents would let me but they don't let me do anything due to covid - at uni watch bro
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Not just teens, everyone is in the same position. I was planning on starting a new job and making new friends and doing new hobbies but alas covid has put all of that on hold
the struggle is real bro
username5446306
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
luckily my school is open and I do clubs and stuff at skl, and I meet friends a bit at the weekend, but yeah life's a little flat atm
at least we have TSR lol
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
play Among us
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Fionaanddonkey)
luckily my school is open and I do clubs and stuff at skl, and I meet friends a bit at the weekend, but yeah life's a little flat atm
at least we have TSR lol
we are on half term rn so I'm bored as hell and I just can't be bothered to revise for mocks lol
ashdouga
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Guessing you're in 6th form or college. I am too. It's a bit of a strange year cos in year 13/12 that's all you're really expected to do. Just work and work for the whole year. But I always remember that even though you're basically a robot in year 13/12, at the end of year 13 is when life really starts. We will be 18 and all going to uni/apprenticeships. We will have more freedom to do anything we want. And go out and have fun. So just hang in there. 1 or 2 more years of **** school and hard work for a lifetime of freedom to do what you want. Oh and remember you are not alone in this. Most people in year 12/13 have no lives and stay in our rooms lol but we will get through this. God bless!
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go for a walk. Explore a trail or a park.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
I think a lot of teens are in the same boat, this pandemic is making it difficult to do things as normal. It's not easy to stay cooped up in the house a lot with little to do and not being able to see friends properly.

It will all pass, as a teen it's not easy to see the future, but becoming an adult opens up a whole new world of experences, independence and enjoyment. My teen years were pretty miserable tbh, i had no friends, no real hobbies or interests and just watched trash on tv and played games all day. I saw no real point to the future. Life has changed a lot since leaving home, going uni, meeting new people, meeting my partner and starting work. Just try and hang in there, i know it doesn't feel like it but you're still young and have so much more ahead of you.

It might help to try and at least use this time constuctively, take up a new hobby, learn an instrument, how to paint / draw, baking, a language or anything else you fancy. Try and keep in contact with friends as much as possible too, chat online or play a game together online, even try and come up with a project to work on together (maybe a magazine or a band or whatever).
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ashdouga)
Guessing you're in 6th form or college. I am too. It's a bit of a strange year cos in year 13/12 that's all you're really expected to do. Just work and work for the whole year. But I always remember that even though you're basically a robot in year 13/12, at the end of year 13 is when life really starts. We will be 18 and all going to uni/apprenticeships. We will have more freedom to do anything we want. And go out and have fun. So just hang in there. 1 or 2 more years of **** school and hard work for a lifetime of freedom to do what you want. Oh and remember you are not alone in this. Most people in year 12/13 have no lives and stay in our rooms lol but we will get through this. God bless!
thanks m8 lets get through this together and who knows maybe me and u maybe future workmates lol
Anonymous #1
I think a lot of teens are in the same boat, this pandemic is making it difficult to do things as normal. It's not easy to stay cooped up in the house a lot with little to do and not being able to see friends properly.

It will all pass, as a teen it's not easy to see the future, but becoming an adult opens up a whole new world of experences, independence and enjoyment. My teen years were pretty miserable tbh, i had no friends, no real hobbies or interests and just watched trash on tv and played games all day. I saw no real point to the future. Life has changed a lot since leaving home, going uni, meeting new people, meeting my partner and starting work. Just try and hang in there, i know it doesn't feel like it but you're still young and have so much more ahead of you.

It might help to try and at least use this time constuctively, take up a new hobby, learn an instrument, how to paint / draw, baking, a language or anything else you fancy. Try and keep in contact with friends as much as possible too, chat online or play a game together online, even try and come up with a project to work on together (maybe a magazine or a band or whatever).
yeh excellent advice - I appreciate the time u have taken to write this - I am just binging on chess lol to cut on time
Blue_skies124
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it depends on what you believe.
A lot of people were suicidal or committed suicide because they began to think they have no purpose.
For me I think everything in this life is a test. All the hardships we go through are to make us stronger people and nothing we go through is too much to bear. So you will get through it
I barely studied during lockdown , I just felt rubbish but maybe you should do some home workouts to lift your mood, painting, drawing anything aside from studying and going on your phone and maybe go on walks if you’re allowed?
username5420160
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The way I kook at it is initially, nobody has a purpose and so we try and make one later on. That's why I enjoy life; because I am free to decide what my purpose is and live my life accordingly! After all of these exams and whatnot, you will have time to do as you please! You don't have to know what you want to do yet, you just need to know the direction you're going in and make sure it's right for you! Try out a whole bunch of activities to distract yourself, meet new people online, get more info on jobs, join clubs and societies, learn new languages, watch some documentaries and read books. Just do what feels right to you!
Also plan ahead and think about what you are going to do after your degree/apprenticeship. I find planning my life gives me some sort of guidance and it motivates me to push myself.
It's half-term now so this is your chance to be as productive and vibrant as possible! Have fun
Last edited by username5420160; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Imhere2help)
The way I kook at it is initially, nobody has a purpose and so we try and make one later on. That's why I enjoy life; because I am free to decide what my purpose is and live my life accordingly! After all of these exams and whatnot, you will have time to do as you please! You don't have to know what you want to do yet, you just need to know the direction you're going in and make sure it's right for you! Try out a whole bunch of activities to distract yourself, meet new people online, get more info on jobs, join clubs and societies, learn new languages, watch some documentaries and read books. Just do what feels right to you!
Also plan ahead and think about what you are going to do after your degree/apprenticeship. I find planning my life gives me some sort of guidance and it motivates me to push myself.
It's half-term now so this is your chance to be as productive and vibrant as possible! Have fun
yeh good point
The-judge-16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sorry to hear that you feel this way. I also feel depressed due to Covid. I met this amazing girl and we talk everyday (especially of a night time), we went out together for coffee and I had a great time with her. We’re not able to meet in the half term because of covid, and I’m not sure if there is going to be another lockdown, in which case I wouldn’t see her for a while
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.83%
No - I have already returned home (25)
10.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.74%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (22)
9.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (69)
30%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed