how do I swallow pills without choking and dying

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am 18 and have never swallowed a pill except for parecetomal which I crush in my mouth before I swallow it. I want to take these calcium & vit D supplement pills and I need to take 2 a day but they are huge. Will I choke on it I have never had a pill in my life and Im in my uni accom room all by myself so if something happens then I have no help. Should I crush it in my mouth before consumption it looks like a parecatomal but its just bigger .
SlytherinSoul
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
carefully
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SlytherinSoul)
carefully
im gonna try it now if I dont reply after this then something bad has happened to me
A+B+C
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try sipping some water straight before you take your tablets, idk why it helps but it does. Trust me you won't choke, they make them a size that an adult human can swallow
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have the same problem too, I physically cannot swallow tablets :nothing:
15holmes.j
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh poor you. I just had to start taking a ton of pills for various reasons, and this is coming from someone who used to have to chew parecatomal (so gross) so i feel your pain. I started by chucking it down to the back of my throat then swallowing it with a ton of water. It just takes practise, now i can do it in seconds. Good luck!
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does the paracetamol not taste absolutely disgusting if you crush it? Capsules might be easier to swallow - they literally cost a few pence more!

As for swallowing big tablets, I am afraid I have no personal experience with difficulty taking tablets, but perhaps you could look at different formulations? You can get vitamin D as a liquid or spray or a chewable tablets. I am pretty sure you can get chewable calcium tablets too. If you are determined to try swallowing lager tablets though, take them with lots of water, or perhaps try swallowing them with something like yoghurt or soup.
SlytherinSoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im gonna try it now if I dont reply after this then something bad has happened to me
ok
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Put it in the back of your mouth and gulp down some water. Its not as scary as it seems.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you can crush them up before putting them in your mouth
SlytherinSoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
is she alive
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 15holmes.j)
Oh poor you. I just had to start taking a ton of pills for various reasons, and this is coming from someone who used to have to chew parecatomal (so gross) so i feel your pain. I started by chucking it down to the back of my throat then swallowing it with a ton of water. It just takes practise, now i can do it in seconds. Good luck!
Paracetmol capsules are a thing! As is liquid paracetamol or dissolvable paracetamol!
Celtic Conjurer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just because a pill is big doesn't mean you're going to choke. You only choke if it goes down your windpipe. Even if it gets stuck in your throat, as long as it's not in your windpipe then you can still breathe lmao.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads