ssokka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey,
so I'm someone who doesn't really mind exams its just the amount of revision and content for me. but whilst aiming for grade 7s in everything, i think i would just be me being lazy to not choose a levels and to go for more course work based btecs.
so my question is for anyone who does business a level, what are your personal ops on it? does it require a lot of revision? do you recommend to only choose it if you have a personal interest in the subject? what are some of the main things you learn? And would you overall recommend it?
awsomekiddo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ssokka)
hey,
so I'm someone who doesn't really mind exams its just the amount of revision and content for me. but whilst aiming for grade 7s in everything, i think i would just be me being lazy to not choose a levels and to go for more course work based btecs.
so my question is for anyone who does business a level, what are your personal ops on it? does it require a lot of revision? do you recommend to only choose it if you have a personal interest in the subject? what are some of the main things you learn? And would you overall recommend it?
Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?
Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (79)
14.13%
I'm not sure (24)
4.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.84%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.15%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.58%

this is why you should revise hard for business a level - its 10 x easier when you study for it
ssokka
Rep:
?
(Original post by awsomekiddo)
Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?
Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (79)
14.13%
I'm not sure (24)
4.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.84%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.15%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.58%

this is why you should revise hard for business a level - its 10 x easier when you study for it
I mean I’m not sure what that poll has got to do with it but thanks for the advice!
awsomekiddo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean I’m not sure what that poll has got to do with it but thanks for the advice!
anytime brother
Georgelennon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey,
For me, it is a subject I struggle in so much. I don't know a set way to study for it. My business teacher thinks that his methods of note taking is so effective that if it works for him, it will work for everyone too🤦*♂️. In addition to that, he will always tell us to finish Cornell Notes and do Ezyeducation which to be really honest didn't help me at all. I am pretty much stuck in business😢
awsomekiddo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Georgelennon)
For me, it is a subject I struggle in so much. I don't know a set way to study for it. My business teacher thinks that his methods of note taking is so effective that if it works for him, it will work for everyone too🤦*♂️. In addition to that, he will always tell us to finish Cornell Notes and do Ezyeducation which to be really honest didn't help me at all. I am pretty much stuck in business😢
use youtube bizconsesh and mr evans
hollymarsden1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey,
Hi! I take business a-level and I love it. The subjects we cover are really interesting and you can apply it to the 'real-life' business world. The maths can be confusing but easily overcome with practise. The downfall being that there is a lot of content to cover but non of it is really very hard. I think it would be better to take it if you have a personal interest if you are aiming for a grade above a B but in my opinion you can just get away with taking it as that is what a lot of people do. I would definitely recommend it
hollymarsden1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tutour2u are good for theory!
Georgelennon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hollymarsden1)
Tutour2u are good for theory!
That also a source I use for studying business A levels. I do AQA Business which for me is hard to find any sample essays for specific topics
ssokka
Rep:
?
Do you think it’s doable tho? Is the struggle just with the revision? Also are most the people their like people wanting to become business men/women?
Georgelennon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you think it’s doable tho? Is the struggle just with the revision? Also are most the people their like people wanting to become business men/women?
Yes, most certainly. Depends largely on someone's perception the business studies in general. In my case yes(I plan to be a real estate agent), for other people I can't really say but a few of my friends do want to do something related to business.
ssokka
Rep:
?
Yes, most certainly. Depends largely on someone's perception the business studies in general. In my case yes(I plan to be a real estate agent), for other people I can't really say but a few of my friends do want to do something related to business.
thanks!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.71%
No - I have already returned home (25)
10.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.65%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (22)
9.52%
No - I live at home during term anyway (70)
30.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed