yyuussrraa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have dreams to get into law at ucl. I startedd off with a levels but left due to personal issues. Now Im doing a btec. I can’t get into a good uni for law and this is needed if you want to do well. I want to go into human rights law but my dreams feel crushed now someone help and give advice because I’m honestly just anxious everyday and feel disappointed in myself as I always set myself high standards academically and love to do well/ passionate about law. Just wish I finished my a levels but it is what it is and now I dunno what to do
Mikos
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why not just do your a levels to get the grades? You could sit them at a college or FE centre nearby you.
yyuussrraa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mikos)
Why not just do your a levels to get the grades? You could sit them at a college or FE centre nearby you.
Because then I would have to start the whole 2 years again and I just can’t do that again. If I do it by myself /self teach it will be too hard and cost me money that I just don’t have. Sad isn’t it
Mikos
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yyuussrraa)
Because then I would have to start the whole 2 years again and I just can’t do that again. If I do it by myself /self teach it will be too hard and cost me money that I just don’t have. Sad isn’t it
Why don’t you just take 2 years to do the course? 2 years in the grand scheme of things is nothing. Your career will be for the rest of your life. In my opinion the solution is obvious
yyuussrraa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mikos)
Why don’t you just take 2 years to do the course? 2 years in the grand scheme of things is nothing. Your career will be for the rest of your life. In my opinion the solution is obvious
Because ucl doesn’t accept student who repeated a year. Also it’s very hard to get into a good college right now because Were already in October. And I know that starting a levels again might be a good choice, but I just can’t bring myself to start again at the bottom, it’s just too much and I would have wasted 2 years.
Mikos
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because ucl doesn’t accept student who repeated a year. Also it’s very hard to get into a good college right now because Were already in October. And I know that starting a levels again might be a good choice, but I just can’t bring myself to start again at the bottom, it’s just too much and I would have wasted 2 years.
UCL are more cautious about resits than restarts, and besides, UCL is not the only good university.
When you want things in life, you have to be proactive in trying to get them. It sounds harsh but I promise that you stand to gain nothing from not doing something that is essential to getting what you want and then wallowing in what could have been. Not being bothered to spend 2 years (in practice, more like one and a bit) on something that means everything to you, and instead opting to do something you don’t like and feeling sorry for yourself gets you nowhere. That is the hard truth.
To tell you about myself, I had serious extenuating circumstances in year 12 which hugely impacted my studies. Instead of giving up, I did my best to get back on track and I’m now going through the application process for top tier law universities (Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Durham, Exeter), some of whom have already given me offers and I am anticipating offers from the rest in the coming months. It’s not impossible.
RV3112
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have dreams to get into law at ucl. I startedd off with a levels but left due to personal issues. Now Im doing a btec. I can’t get into a good uni for law and this is needed if you want to do well. I want to go into human rights law but my dreams feel crushed now someone help and give advice because I’m honestly just anxious everyday and feel disappointed in myself as I always set myself high standards academically and love to do well/ passionate about law. Just wish I finished my a levels but it is what it is and now I dunno what to do
I'm not sure about your age, but given you specifically mentioned UCL, the Access to HE Dip. is your best route.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (99)
28.37%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (67)
19.2%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (37)
10.6%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
28.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed