The Student Room Group

CURRENTLY are Oxbridge grads still aggressing and harming others?

There were only 2 unis in the UK till the 19th century, and about 20 till the 1960s. But now there are over 150 unis, some of which outperform Oxbridge. Almost all Oxbridge grads now are from formerly peasant backgrounds who were not allowed into these unis. But...

Are grads from other unis still doomed to be the slaves and subordinates of Oxbridge grads?

Has an Oxbridge grad ever attacked or abused you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsrholicc

Are grads from other unis still doomed to be the slaves and subordinates of Oxbridge grads?

Where do I sign up for this sort of kink?
Reply 2
Who from 'Oxbridge' hurt you so bad?
Reply 3
Original post by Kitten in boots
Where do I sign up for this sort of kink?

You're already signed up for it if you live in the UK apparently

Original post by Napp
Who from 'Oxbridge' hurt you so bad?

I'm not even from the UK but it's apparent that nobody else is given a fair chance in life. It's all about how people performed at the age of 17 lol

Many Oxbridge grads hurt everyone else in every sphere of life
Reply 4

I'm not even from the UK but it's apparent that nobody else is given a fair chance in life. It's all about how people performed at the age of 17 lol

Many Oxbridge grads hurt everyone else in every sphere of life

If they stayed as peasants tilling the fields you might have a point but...

Uhuh, who exactly?
Reply 5
Original post by Napp
If they stayed as peasants tilling the fields you might have a point but...

Uhuh, who exactly?

Seriously?

We need a safe space where you're not allowed. Just don't even respond
Reply 6
Seriously?

We need a safe space where you're not allowed. Just don't even respond

Nah i quite enjoy responding to your bizarre rants about two universities .. and the equally odd propaganda for 3 London ones :lol:
Has an Oxbridge grad ever attacked or abused you?

No but @Oxford Mum did do this to me once when I suggested I might get to the top of TSR success mountain before her :slap:
Original post by harrysbar
No but @Oxford Mum did do this to me once when I suggested I might get to the top of TSR success mountain before her :slap:

I don't count as I am a Manchester grad, not Oxford, lol
Original post by Napp
Nah i quite enjoy responding to your bizarre rants about two universities .. and the equally odd propaganda for 3 London ones :lol:

Ha ha, I have OP on ignore, so not seeing all their ridiculous remarks. At first I thought that Oxbridge grads were surrounding his house with clubs etc :mob:
Original post by Oxford Mum
I don't count as I am a Manchester grad, not Oxford, lol

I know and I'm a Kent grad so apparently we are both "doomed to be the slaves and subordinates of Oxbridge grads" if you believe that nonsense :rofl:
Ha ha, I have OP on ignore, so not seeing all their ridiculous remarks. At first I thought that Oxbridge grads were surrounding his house with clubs etc :mob:

Maybe they have been throwing books at him - from the Bodleian I expect
I know and I'm a Kent grad so apparently we are both "doomed to be the slaves and subordinates of Oxbridge grads" if you believe that nonsense :rofl:

I'm not anyone's slave, tbh. Where is the nearest cliff, so all us non Oxbridge grads can go and jump off it? (hint: it would have to be a very large cliff).
Reply 13

If i didn't know better i'd assume they were being paid by one of the three London ones he always cites as being particularly hard done by.. at least i'd have hoped they could find a slightly better schill :lol:

I'm just curious where we've all been beaten up by this alleged Oxbridge posse of evil thugs and usurpers :rofl:
Maybe they have been throwing books at him - from the Bodleian I expect

Brilliant.
Original post by Napp
If i didn't know better i'd assume they were being paid by one of the three London ones he always cites as being particularly hard done by.. at least i'd have hoped they could find a slightly better schill :lol:

I'm just curious where we've all been beaten up by this alleged Oxbridge posse of evil thugs and usurpers :rofl:

Napp, you are obviously not hanging round Radcliffe Square, Oxford, enough (like some of us obsessives)
Original post by Napp

That tortoise fair is more dangerous these days than inner London
Reply 17
That tortoise fair is more dangerous these days than inner London

I have a delightful mental image of weaponised tortoises now, rather like the "weaponised assault penguin" meme doing the rounds :colone:

Then again, if we treat Midsomer Murders as a baseline to draw from, that area of the country is positively ram packed with criminals :lol:
Original post by Napp
Then again, if we treat Midsomer Murders as a baseline to draw from, that area of the country is positively ram packed with criminals :lol:

I blame John Nettles - Jersey had the same problem when he was living there and calling himself "Bergerac"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Nettles
Reply 19
I blame John Nettles - Jersey had the same problem when he was living there and calling himself "Bergerac"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Nettles

I do miss him from the show, after he left the show just lacked a bit of it's je ne sais quoi.

Quick Reply