What should I do?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!
I met this guy on a dating website and we hit it off and added each other on facebook and deleted our dating accounts but he eventually said he wasn't ready for the sort of relationship I wanted and doesn't have the time for one after giving it some thought, but he does want a relationship with me. I said ok I understand, but i felt i could of been the one closing it all down so i later re asked him what he meant and he said the same thing (but what confused me the most was that he wouldnt give me a yes or no) I said after so shall we not continue anything or go slow, to which he left me on read for 2 days. but the problem is is that my facebook for some reason was deactivated by facebook so I can never know his answer, we have each others phone numbers so if he was concerned he can call me (i am worried he might think i was being temperamental/didnt want him anymore and deleted it) but my problem is now is that should i stop chasing him and let him go or add him on another facebook account? whilst I was talking to him we only spoke at set times of the evening and only video chatted outside his house so I'm a little fishy about him but I really like him a lot. What is your opinion? Should I let him go?
I hope my ramblings make sense
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What does your heart say?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
What does your heart say?
My heart tells me to stay in contact with him and hope he'll come back to me and when I think of not having him in my life i get upset. but my brain tells me that I'll only get used/waste my feelings/time on him and that there is lots of guys in the world (and that he could secretly be hiding a girlfriend).
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Write a letter then?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(OP here)
I still can't make up my mind, I want to let him go but my feelings keep pulling me back.
It's been about a week since we last spoke. If I sent a text I'd seem needy right? If I made another facebook would that be better?
Please could I have some more advice.
Thank you
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You've got his phone number, call him, and try to have a proper talk with him, either there and then or face-to-face. If he doesn't answer and there's 3 days with no response to a message, leave it and move on.

I can't understand why you asked him the big questions over Facebook anyway. Discussing where a relationship is going is something that deserves proper attention and conversation, not some vague back and forth messages.

Maybe there's things with him working, or family or housemates that dictate where and when he calls? If you hit it off so well, what do you know about his background?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (714)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (903)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads