yasmin3.1415
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can someone help me or tell me how to make my statement better? I have never done this before so its quite hard to do.
//
I intend to go to sixth form after I have finished my GCSE's to study A-levels. I am passionate to develop my skills through my time at sixth form. I am excited at the prospect as I am sure I will love the experience.

I am interested in taking English Language, Politics & Government, Psychology and Economics. My plan for my future career involves politics. I am currently choosing between different career paths within it. I enjoy presenting my work through speeches and my coursework.

In my free time I like to do coding, reading and writing. When I do coding, I must solve problems and make sure all the code is organised which relates to who I am.

I am an organised, resourceful student, and a fantastic problem-solver. I am a respectful and hardworking person both inside and outside of learning. This has led me to enter and win several writing awards. I am also a team player, and I am a member of Rangers which has helped to become an independent person.

I am also proud of my bronze and silver award of IDEA which is partnered with DofE. This helped me be resilient and overcame challenges and I found it incredibly fun to do.

I know I have the ability to succeed in my subjects that I have chosen, and I know I can reach my potential in a sixth form with my A levels of choice.
///
Last edited by yasmin3.1415; 1 month ago
username5420160
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yasmin3.1415)
Can someone help me or tell me how to make my statement better? I have never done this before so its quite hard to do.
//
I intend to go to sixth form after I have finished my GCSE's to study A-levels. I am passionate to develop my skills through my time at sixth form. I am excited at the prospect as I am sure I will love the experience.

I am interested in taking English Language, Politics & Government, Psychology and Economics. My plan for my future career involves politics. I am currently choosing between different career paths within it. I enjoy presenting my work through speeches and my coursework.

In my free time I like to do coding, reading and writing. When I do coding, I must solve problems and make sure all the code is organised which relates to who I am.

I am an organised, resourceful student, and a fantastic problem-solver. I am a respectful and hardworking person both inside and outside of learning. This has led me to enter and win several writing awards. I am also a team player, and I am a member of Rangers which has helped to become an independent person.

I am also proud of my bronze and silver award of IDEA which is partnered with DofE. This helped me be resilient and overcame challenges and I found it incredibly fun to do.

I know I have the ability to succeed in my subjects that I have chosen, and I know I can reach my potential in a sixth form with my A levels of choice.
///
Wait you have to write a personal statement for entry to 6th form?
username5420160
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yasmin3.1415)
Can someone help me or tell me how to make my statement better? I have never done this before so it is quite hard to do.
//
I intend to go to the sixth form after I have finished my GCSE's to study A-levels. I am passionate to develop my skills through my time at sixth form. I am excited at the prospect as I am sure I will love the experience.

In my free time, I like to do coding, reading and writing. When I do coding, I must solve problems and make sure all the code is organised which relates to who I am.

I know I can succeed in my subjects that I have chosen, and I know I can reach my potential in a sixth form with my A levels of choice.
///
Maybe you could try using some more connectives. Since people who read these personal statements always find people starting sentences with"I am" or "I have" etc.(this doesn't mean that every sentence should begin with it, it just means that you could add a couple in their so that it doesn't feel repetitive).

I think you should start with why you want to go to THIS 6th form. Perhaps it's because you believe this 6th form can help you gain the skills needed for (insert higher education here). Maybe it's because you admire the social aspect of that 6th form and you like a sense of community.

You could then go on to state what subjects you're interested in and why (English language, Government and Politics, Psychology and Economics). What you plan on doing with these subjects and how they are relevant to your future careerr (politics).Then maybe you could claim that you believe this 6th form will offer the best facilities for you to excel in these subjects and to become a well-rounded politician.

Then you could talk about why YOU belong at this 6th form and what valuable skills you have.

You could then talk about what awards you have achieved and what you learnt from them (try and link this back to the subjects you want to do!)

Then extra-curricular activities and the skills that they require (like what you said about coding!) you go a step further and mention all the skills that your extracurriculars have taught you. (You could also link your love of reading and writing to English Language by talking about how you read news articles/ something to do with politics).

Then you could finish off with how YOU are going to add to the community and what you are planning on doing at that 6th form e.g becoming a perfect or head boy/girl. How this will help you in your career as a politician and as an individual.

Remember (LINK IT BACK TO YOUR SUBJECTS). This is deffo good prep for uni lol
yasmin3.1415
Rep:
?
(Original post by Imhere2help)
Maybe you could try using some more connectives. Since people who read these personal statements always find people starting sentences with"I am" or "I have" etc.(this doesn't mean that every sentence should begin with it, it just means that you could add a couple in their so that it doesn't feel repetitive).

I think you should start with why you want to go to THIS 6th form. Perhaps it's because you believe this 6th form can help you gain the skills needed for (insert higher education here). Maybe it's because you admire the social aspect of that 6th form and you like a sense of community.

You could then go on to state what subjects you're interested in and why (English language, Government and Politics, Psychology and Economics). What you plan on doing with these subjects and how they are relevant to your future careerr (politics).Then maybe you could claim that you believe this 6th form will offer the best facilities for you to excel in these subjects and to become a well-rounded politician.

Then you could talk about why YOU belong at this 6th form and what valuable skills you have.

You could then talk about what awards you have achieved and what you learnt from them (try and link this back to the subjects you want to do!)

Then extra-curricular activities and the skills that they require (like what you said about coding!) you go a step further and mention all the skills that your extracurriculars have taught you. (You could also link your love of reading and writing to English Language by talking about how you read news articles/ something to do with politics).

Then you could finish off with how YOU are going to add to the community and what you are planning on doing at that 6th form e.g becoming a perfect or head boy/girl. How this will help you in your career as a politician and as an individual.

Remember (LINK IT BACK TO YOUR SUBJECTS). This is deffo good prep for uni lol
//
Thank you so much. I didn't even think of some of the ideas you lister. You're a literal lifesaver
yasmin3.1415
Rep:
?
(Original post by Imhere2help)
Wait you have to write a personal statement for entry to 6th form?
Yep, the schools I want to go to are very selective which is pain but it is worth it.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why do you want to do those A Levels?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (129)
28.41%
No - I have already returned home (62)
13.66%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (88)
19.38%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (42)
9.25%
No - I live at home during term anyway (133)
29.3%

Watched Threads