The Student Room Group

Should I take GMAT for MSc Accounting and Finance?

Hello everyone,

I graduated in the summer of 2020 from Warwick Uni with a degree in Management. I am now working FT at a Big 4 firm in Advisory in my home country. However, I intend to undertake master's in 2021 in Finance and Accounting. I would just like to know if you guys think I should undertake the GMAT, although I really want to finish up my applications before December. My profile:

- Graduated with a Mid 2:1
- Working in a technical group within Advisory
- 3 internships in IB, RX, and B4 (all in my home country)

So question is, do you think I should undertake the GMAT? It's gonna take probably 1.5months for me to prepare and it might be too late to apply. What do you guys think?

Kind regards
Original post by blurice
Hello everyone,

I graduated in the summer of 2020 from Warwick Uni with a degree in Management. I am now working FT at a Big 4 firm in Advisory in my home country. However, I intend to undertake master's in 2021 in Finance and Accounting. I would just like to know if you guys think I should undertake the GMAT, although I really want to finish up my applications before December. My profile:

- Graduated with a Mid 2:1
- Working in a technical group within Advisory
- 3 internships in IB, RX, and B4 (all in my home country)

So question is, do you think I should undertake the GMAT? It's gonna take probably 1.5months for me to prepare and it might be too late to apply. What do you guys think?

Kind regards

I struggle to understand why you would want to do a master's in finance and accounting when you are already working for a Big 4 firm, and why you are taking a GMAT (it's not likely to be requested from you for such a degree).

If your job, or if you intend to do a job, involves accounting or a professional qualification in accounting, the full training in that qualification with experience will be higher than the master's in finance and accounting. The qualification should also allow you more exemptions than the master's for retraining should you wish to practice in another country.
GMATs tend to be for MBA programs from top end universities in the world, more usually the American universities. I have yet to come across a master's in finance and accounting that specifically requires you to do a GMAT, unless it's from London School of Economics (their masters' tend to require GRE or GMATs - GRE I've heard are easier). However, GMATs can take 1-2 months to study and practice for. If you want more time, it's fine. You may want to finish the GMAT before you apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending