The Student Room Group

Are my Cambridge chances doomed for a bad 4th subject?

Greetings,

If you've been following my posts, you might know that I'm taking A Levels right now (CAIE) in the october 2020 series.

I'm taking Math, Phy and Chem (full A Level all together) and an AS in further maths. I added the FM just to "boost" my chances.

Now it's all down. I just gave further pure maths 1 today - and I'm dead. I'm expecting a raw around 50 out of 75. Expecting a B along with further mechanics overall.

My other exams were neat. I'm expecting, at the worst case, an A*A*A. If I do get a B in AS-level FM, but the others are fine - am I doomed?

Applied to physical natsci - trinity college.

What other advice would you give me right now?

Thanks yet once again, great people of TSR!
Cambridge don't expect 4 subjects so do not panic if you did bad on one of the subject. If you check on their website, it says that they look at the marks of 3 subjects (at least 3 Alevels). So as long as your other 3 subjects are fine, you still have a good chance to get into interview stage.
Hope this calms you down a bit!
The B in FM AS would not look good. However, it's possible you would be asked for your UMS if you were close (and, of course, you don't know how hard the exam was for everyone else) and you only technically need 3 A levels at A*A*A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending