Am I overreacting?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically my bf hasn’t asked to see me this week, he saw me once last week which he asked. Hes replying a lot slower like taking 4-5 hours at least and I feel like I hardly talk or see him anymore. Although he is completely normal when we do talk on text.
In the beginning he was always asking to see me, atleast 3 times every week and always asking me out and texting me all the time. We have been going out for three months
He is a v busy person, he works long hours at work and atm is building things for his room. Which I feel like maybe he is just busy- or is he not interested anymore? I can’t decide. I’m debating whether to bring this up with him becaus e I’ve not been happy, I feel like if he really was interested he would make time to see me right?
Or am I overreacting?
SlytherinSoul
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So basically my bf hasn’t asked to see me this week, he saw me once last week which he asked. Hes replying a lot slower like taking 4-5 hours at least and I feel like I hardly talk or see him anymore. Although he is completely normal when we do talk on text.
In the beginning he was always asking to see me, atleast 3 times every week and always asking me out and texting me all the time. We have been going out for three months
He is a v busy person, he works long hours at work and atm is building things for his room. Which I feel like maybe he is just busy- or is he not interested anymore? I can’t decide. I’m debating whether to bring this up with him becaus e I’ve not been happy, I feel like if he really was interested he would make time to see me right?
Or am I overreacting?
msg him talk to him about it it's the best thing to do or you ask to see him it can't be a one-way relationship
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You just said he's very busy, that's probably the reason why.
If you're worried, talk to him about it but personally I think you're overreacting. Good luck!
SlytherinSoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
You just said he's very busy, that's probably the reason why.
If you're worried, talk to him about it but personally I think you're overreacting. Good luck!
hello again
Spoiler:
Show
hows the surgery going it looks like you stole the patients laughing gas
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think he is probably just busy! I’m sure he would be more than happy to talk to you about all this though? I would message him and explain how you’re feeling!
SlytherinSoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)
I think he is probably just busy! I’m sure he would be more than happy to talk to you about all this though? I would message him and explain how you’re feeling!
How's Dr Pepper today
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SlytherinSoul)
How's Dr Pepper today
Evil Dr Pepper
SlytherinSoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)
Evil Dr Pepper
Ikr
Spoiler:
Show
he wouldn't let me book an appointment to go and see him
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why is he the one that always asks to see you? Do you ever ask?
SlytherinSoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Why is he the one that always asks to see you? Do you ever ask?
my point exactly
username5447420
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Or am I overreacting?
It sounds like he's doing all the work, asking to see you all the time, Are you ever asking him if he ever wants to come over? or asking if you can go see him and do things. If he's doing all the work then eventually he will get decision fatigue and slowly stop making suggestions / asking to see you. Relationships take both people to put in the effort to be successful. Again, I'm not insinuating that you aren't putting in any effort, it just sounds that way from your post.

Why don't you message him today, tell him you miss him and that you'd love to hang out. see what happens.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Or am I overreacting?
Edit: thanks for ur suggestions guys, I spoke about it and unfortunately we broke up
username5447420
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Edit: thanks for ur suggestions guys, I spoke about it and unfortunately we broke up
In the long run, it might be for the best, keep your head up and eventually, you will find love again. We all will.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Or am I overreacting?
UPDATE
He broke up with me a couple days ago because I'll be going off to university next year while hell be staying at home. The uni's I'm looking at are around 2 hours away from where be both live. We have been going out for three months and he thinks it is best for us to split because it will put a lot of strain on our relationship, having to see each other like every two weeks for three years and it is best to end it now before we get too attached to each other. He told me that he rly cares about me and loves me and what not, to which I replied, if you love me then why are we splitting up?

I told him that we could get through it and not everyone breaks up in university, but I am not going to keep asking him to get back with me because he thinks this is the best decision and I don't wanna seem desperate. We ended on amicable terms and we get along rly well so we decided to keep in touch.

Am I best off leaving him to it?
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
UPDATE
He broke up with me a couple days ago because I'll be going off to university next year while hell be staying at home. The uni's I'm looking at are around 2 hours away from where be both live. We have been going out for three months and he thinks it is best for us to split because it will put a lot of strain on our relationship, having to see each other like every two weeks for three years and it is best to end it now before we get too attached to each other. He told me that he rly cares about me and loves me and what not, to which I replied, if you love me then why are we splitting up?

I told him that we could get through it and not everyone breaks up in university, but I am not going to keep asking him to get back with me because he thinks this is the best decision and I don't wanna seem desperate. We ended on amicable terms and we get along rly well so we decided to keep in touch.

Am I best off leaving him to it?
I’m really sorry to hear that!

I’d say give him space and let him see how he feels. Maybe closer to the time of you leaving you can talk about things again? I think it’s best to give him space for now and see if he comes back and what he says. I wouldn’t try to force the feelings as it’ll end worse! I think if you give him space, you’ll have a great friendship as you say you’ve ended on good terms. I think it’s best for now to have a good friendship than a possible one sided relationship. Hope you’re okay <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (44)
32.12%
No - I have already returned home (17)
12.41%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (27)
19.71%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (11)
8.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
27.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise