100%
iPad Pro (0)
0%
cytoplasm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a student who wants to upgrade from my iPad Air 3.Should I get the iPad Air 4 or the iPad Pro?
---
Apple are doing a deal where you get free AirPods with an iPad Pro, so I would essentially get an iPad Pro for £571.
But that means altogether I'm forking out £730 compared to the new Air for £535.
I do have Airpods already, but the left one needs replacing which would cost £65 - which is why I'm considering just getting new Airpods altogether.

Is the Pro worth the extra money?
Last edited by cytoplasm; 1 month ago
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cytoplasm)
I am a student who wants to upgrade from my iPad Air 3.Should I get the iPad Air 4 or the iPad Pro?
---
Apple are doing a deal where you get free AirPods with an iPad Pro, so I would essentially get an iPad Pro for £571.
But that means altogether I'm forking out £730 compared to the new Air for £535.
I do have Airpods already, but the left one needs replacing which would cost £65 - which is why I'm considering just getting new Airpods altogether.

Is the Pro worth the extra money?
This really does come down to whether you would be buying the Airpod Pros anyway. The Air is similar enough to the Pro that the £200+ savings make it a better overall proposition, with the key losses being the 120Hz refresh rate display (which is admittedly very nice) and camera system (which really shouldn't bother most people). The Air even has an advantage over the current generation 11" Pro in that it uses Apple's brand new processor, meaning it will remain a faster device for longer. If you did plan on buying the AirPod Pros at some point in the near future, however, the Pro becomes a more tempting prospect as you're getting that better screen and camera with the Airpods bundles for less than the price of the Air and Airpods separately, as you've no doubt noticed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (69)
26.95%
No - I have already returned home (28)
10.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
21.09%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.94%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
30.08%

Watched Threads