The Student Room Group

I need help with my hair!!!

So, my hair was always VERY thick and curly. It was massive. Though I always wanted to get straight hair. So I got a perm. I loved the results. Pin straight hair and silky like I always wanted.

But I didn't know how to care for it. I used shampoos and conditioners with sulphate, always had a tight ponytail on (on the same place every day- sorry hair), I was violent with brushing, etc.

A LOT of breakage started happening. Especially in my crown. My hair was also thinning.

I changed into a good shampoo and conditioner since, and a good mask too. All three are from Maui moisture. Also I put olive oil in my scalp regularly. I'm also gentle with my hair when brushing. I have since done this a good 3-4 months ago. But I still have thin, breaking hair.

Please help!!!! What more to buy?? (By the way, my mum won't let me buy expensive stuff for my hair)
I think cutting ur hair would be the best thing. Also there’s nothing wrong with having curly hair it’s beautiful. But the best way to get your hair healthy is use little to no heat, stop over manipulating your hair( doing soo much hairstyles in one week, brushing your hair soo much) sometime you just need to finger detangle then brush. Wash your hair once a week conditioning is good shampoo actually tends to dry out your hair. Also when you shampoo focus on the scalp rather than the ends and conditioning focus on every single hair strand.
If you want more detail or products just ask !
Reply 3
Original post by learner38
I think cutting ur hair would be the best thing. Also there’s nothing wrong with having curly hair it’s beautiful. But the best way to get your hair healthy is use little to no heat, stop over manipulating your hair( doing soo much hairstyles in one week, brushing your hair soo much) sometime you just need to finger detangle then brush. Wash your hair once a week conditioning is good shampoo actually tends to dry out your hair. Also when you shampoo focus on the scalp rather than the ends and conditioning focus on every single hair strand.

Thank you <3
I never use heat and wash my hair once a week and like you said, but I do over manipulate my hair a LOT- and I think that's the problem! Thank you :smile:
tsr is so distracting
Original post by Sha.xo527
Thank you <3
I never use heat and wash my hair once a week and like you said, but I do over manipulate my hair a LOT- and I think that's the problem! Thank you :smile:

No problem!
Reply 6
Cheers! I cut off 12 inches of my hair today, I'll order that now. Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Sha.xo527
So, my hair was always VERY thick and curly. It was massive. Though I always wanted to get straight hair. So I got a perm. I loved the results. Pin straight hair and silky like I always wanted.

But I didn't know how to care for it. I used shampoos and conditioners with sulphate, always had a tight ponytail on (on the same place every day- sorry hair), I was violent with brushing, etc.

A LOT of breakage started happening. Especially in my crown. My hair was also thinning.

I changed into a good shampoo and conditioner since, and a good mask too. All three are from Maui moisture. Also I put olive oil in my scalp regularly. I'm also gentle with my hair when brushing. I have since done this a good 3-4 months ago. But I still have thin, breaking hair.

Please help!!!! What more to buy?? (By the way, my mum won't let me buy expensive stuff for my hair)

Update: It's gotten worse :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest