mussiegirl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What is this and if I apply to study Child Nursing do I get it? Is it a loan? Means tested? I looked online and I don't fully understand it.
MichelleLouise97
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mussiegirl)
What is this and if I apply to study Child Nursing do I get it? Is it a loan? Means tested? I looked online and I don't fully understand it.
You might find this link helpful: https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/car...ort-university
moosec
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MichelleLouise97)
You might find this link helpful: https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/car...ort-university
I think the NMSB mussiegirl is asking about is for universities in Scotland, which would mean unfortunately they wouldn't be eligible for the funding in this list (the NHS Learning Support Fund is for uni's in England)
Last edited by moosec; 1 month ago
moosec
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've been looking around for you & it says:

"The Nursing and Midwifery Student Bursary (NMSB) provides financial support to eligible (Scottish domiciled) student nurses and midwives studying in Scotland. The core NMSB, which is non-means tested and non-repayable, has been set at £6,578 per year since 2009/10."

So its a bursary not a loan, you don't need to pay it back & its non-means tested. Apparently you will be eligible if you meet the three criteria: you're studying an eligible course, you've never had the NMSB funding in the past, and you meet the residency requirements.

From what I've read, it appears that this bursary is for your living costs, accommodation etc because "the Scottish Government Health Directorate (SGHD) pays tuition fees for all Scottish students on pre-registration nursing courses."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads