JBates284
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys so around 2 years ago I did something really stupid to try and get some quick cash (very stupid of me and I regret it). Which lead to me to get a CIFA marker (CAT 6 I'm presuming). I was able to open a bank account with a another bank. However in a few months I'm turning 18 and I have a child trust fund account with the bank that requested the CIFA marker in the first place. Do you think they will deny my request to withdraw the money if I go and ask them in a couple months time?
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh that's a tricky one. I don't know how trust accounts work in general tbh (or if the CIFAS marker only affects it when you're eligible to take it over or whatever) But I wouldn't think CIFAS would stop a bank closing down the account and paying you the balance if asked/noticed. The individual bank might have a claim to some/all of the money though depending how things ended with them before, you'd really need to talk to them. TBH if it's a substantial trust account i'd maybe look at getting some independent professional advice beforehand.
JBates284
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Oh that's a tricky one. I don't know how trust accounts work in general tbh (or if the CIFAS marker only affects it when you're eligible to take it over or whatever) But I wouldn't think CIFAS would stop a bank closing down the account and paying you the balance if asked/noticed. The individual bank might have a claim to some/all of the money though depending how things ended with them before, you'd really need to talk to them. TBH if it's a substantial trust account i'd maybe look at getting some independent professional advice beforehand.
Yeah I was going to get professional advice tbf, My accounts are still frozen and no money has been taken from them, so I doubt they can take my money since I do not have any outstanding balances or any of the sort. But I never bothered asking about withdrawing the money from my cash account since it was around £5.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JBates284)
Hey guys so around 2 years ago I did something really stupid to try and get some quick cash (very stupid of me and I regret it). Which lead to me to get a CIFA marker (CAT 6 I'm presuming). I was able to open a bank account with a another bank. However in a few months I'm turning 18 and I have a child trust fund account with the bank that requested the CIFA marker in the first place. Do you think they will deny my request to withdraw the money if I go and ask them in a couple months time?
It's CIFAS, not CIFA.

Ask the bank.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (715)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (903)
42.8%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed