Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a 28 year old daughter who already has a degree. She went on to do a nursing degree which in Scotland is a 3 year course. She is in her final year (graduating next summer) and she wants to quit. She does suffer with mental health herself. Due to present climate there are limited jobs out there. How best can I get her to continue or how best do I help.

Many thanks
Sylvia
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have a 28 year old daughter who already has a degree. She went on to do a nursing degree which in Scotland is a 3 year course. She is in her final year (graduating next summer) and she wants to quit. She does suffer with mental health herself. Due to present climate there are limited jobs out there. How best can I get her to continue or how best do I help.

Many thanks
Sylvia
So without throwing the degree away what options are their.
1) this year with covid is going to be **** regardless, so lets get her as much support as possible but push through
2) Request to see if a temporary suspension of studies, take this year off, get her head straight and go back next September

Honestly with mental health I would consult an expert as I can't say what's doable and what's not.
University of Liverpool
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Sylvia,
We would advise that you contact her current University to see what support is available for her. They will have a Student Support centre or something similar. They may also have a Careers Advice team to offer advice on jobs and what comes next.

Best of luck

Jenna
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.16%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.16%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (72)
18.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.26%
No - I live at home during term anyway (112)
29.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed