?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Good laptop brand?

0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Every brand has good products and bad products. You cannot say categorically that any brand is significantly better or worse. The big three computing brands for business were traditionally Dell, HP and Lenovo. Below that you have Acer, Asus, Samsung, Huawei, MSI, etc. You also have Apple which sits in a bubble of its own.

You will always find that it is cheaper to build your own desktop PC rather than buy from one of the brands I just mentioned. Some companies like palicomp and CCL sometimes have deals for pre-built desktop PC's which are about the same price as building it yourself.

Regarding both desktops and laptops, most big businesses will get from one of those three brands I mentioned. Lenovo (Thinkpad T, P and X series + thinkcentre), Dell (OptiPlex 5 and 7 series and Precision 5 and 7 series) and HP (Probook and Elitebook).

On the consumer range, the top gaming desktop and laptop models for each brand are Alienware (Dell), Predator (Acer), Legion (Lenovo), Omen (HP) and ROG (Asus) but these are expensive. Obviously Apple has their own products which are all pretty good but expensive as well.

Sometimes models will have features which are universally panned and other times praised. Sometimes the manufacturers will change something significant and make certain models they sell better or worse. The only way to know for sure is to read unbiased reviews for each product.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (98)
28.41%
No - I have already returned home (45)
13.04%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (66)
19.13%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.14%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.28%

Watched Threads