MWClaire
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Has/is anyone done/doing an acting degree at a university? I have a place at St Mary’s Twickenham for next year, which offers drama school style training (30 hrs contact time), which is very practical. I don’t have a theatre/drama background and don’t want to sing/dance too, so am not in a position to apply to a drama school. Just wondered what others experiences were?
Thanks
Caitlin.rebecca
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by MWClaire)
Has/is anyone done/doing an acting degree at a university? I have a place at St Mary’s Twickenham for next year, which offers drama school style training (30 hrs contact time), which is very practical. I don’t have a theatre/drama background and don’t want to sing/dance too, so am not in a position to apply to a drama school. Just wondered what others experiences were?
Thanks
Hey! I am studying there now. I am a first year and you don’t need to worry about singing and dancing. Yes in voice class, you will be using your voice and you will work on your voice but will never have to sing unless you feel comfortable doing so. Everyone on the course has different backgrounds and everyone is learning at their own pace so don’t feel disadvantaged by the fact that you don’t have a theatre background! Someone in my class had never acted in their life and are doing amazing, while others who have been acting their whole lives are at the same point! I came from a drama background but a limited amount due to pack opportunities available to me for a number of reasons, but it doesn’t mean the course is harder or anything because everyone, no matter their background, is picking everything up at their own pace! if you have any more questions, let me know!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.1%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.91%

Watched Threads