My curls never stay in!! Help :(

Watch
Anna banana :)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey

I have long but thin hair. It's very thin, but is healthy because I look after it.

Because my hair is so thin, I like having it curled, but when I curl it they never stay in. I hairspray them to death afterwards but as soon as I step out of my door whether its hot, cold, or not even breezy the curls come out and my hair looks like seaweed.

How do I get my curls to stay in? I saw a girl at my Sixth form put her hair in a hair claw as she walks to school and then takes it out when she gets there and her curls are perfect, but I feel like that would just pull mine out.

Thanks for the tips!

Heat curling btw
Last edited by Anna banana :); 4 weeks ago
Cherrygrape1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anna banana :))
Hey

I have long but thin hair. It's very thin, but is healthy because I look after it.

Because my hair is so thin, I like having it curled, but when I curl it they never stay in. I hairspray them to death afterwards but as soon as I step out of my door whether its hot, cold, or not even breezy the curls come out and my hair looks like seaweed.

How do I get my curls to stay in? I saw a girl at my Sixth form put her hair in a hair claw as she walks to school and then takes it out when she gets there and her curls are perfect, but I feel like that would just pull mine out.

Thanks for the tips!
Omg this is me the struggle is real 😫😫
I hope someone gives some tips on here
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anna banana :))
Hey

Thanks for the tips!
(Original post by Cherrygrape1234)
Omg this is me the struggle is real 😫😫
I hope someone gives some tips on here
My hair isn't curly but my friends tried this curling cream and said it works very well. Good luck!
Anna banana :)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I feel like I should clarify - its for when I heat curl my hear I do have naturally curly hair but because its so long I don't bother styling it naturally curly as my hair pulls the curl out from the weight when its wet
deadroseex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have naturally wavy hair, but it is up to my waist and really thick so when I curl it in anyway, it always looks fab. You have the same problem as my sister, I could curl her hair for 2 hours and none of it stays in for anything........

I would say you shouldn't use heat! Instead find the overnight tutorial things even though they are uncomfortable...

If not try putting it on high heat for a long time, or use a hair straightener!
Cherrygrape1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
My hair isn't curly but my friends tried this curling cream and said it works very well. Good luck!
Is that only for people with naturally curly hair?

Spoiler:
Show
Ps I sent you a pm
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Cherrygrape1234)
Is that only for people with naturally curly hair?

Spoiler:
Show
Ps I sent you a pm
Works for both
Spoiler:
Show
will reply to it soon xx
Cherrygrape1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Works for both
Spoiler:
Show
will reply to it soon xx
Ok ty
BoomBingling
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have very thick wavy hair. And hate it. Barbers charge me extra to cut my hair, cause it's that thick. Arab problems.

I guess it's genetics, either you got have or you don't. And in your case you don't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads