The Student Room Group

Sports Management which university.

Really stuck on which university to apply to.
I am looking to do Sports Management or sports science and management any suggestions.
I like Notts trent but can't decide where else?
I'm predicted 120 ucas points.
Brighton, Chichester, Hartpury, Portsmouth - probably in that order.
Original post by slimbrunett12
I am looking to do Sports Management or sports science and management any suggestions.

Have a look into Cardiff Met. Well known for this.
Original post by swanseajack1
Have a look into Cardiff Met. Well known for this.

To be honest I hadn't looked outside of England. Submit reply
To be honest I hadn't looked outside of England. Submit reply

Swansea also has a bit of a reputation for this as well but Cardiff Met has a reputation in Wales just like Loughborough in England.

Hi @slimbrunett12! We have a BSc (Hons) Sports Management course and a variety of BSc (Hons) Sports Science courses :smile: we have a Virtual Open Day on the 30 October (this Friday) if you want to speak to our lecturers directly about the courses and find out more about the University in general (we're located on the sunny South Coast if you didn't know!)

Book here: https://booknow.chi.ac.uk
If you are thinking of studying in Wales, University of South Wales have some great courses and facilities, more information below. Thanks Rebecca

https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses/
Hartpury have some great sport courses, I am a student there and love it!
Original post by McGinger
Brighton, Chichester, Hartpury, Portsmouth - probably in that order.

Original post by Lily Hicks
Hartpury have some great sport courses, I am a student there and love it!

Thank You, when I went onto What Uni it was coming up with Notts Trent, Coventry and then Portsmouth as top rated within my expected grades. Do you have any experiences of Notts / Coventry for Sports Management. I have honestly never come across Hartpury in all my research I'll look them up. I am Midlands based but looking all over England providing its not London due to costs.
Look in detail at the *course* for each Uni - they wont all be the same.
Its the course you study every day for 3 years, not the Uni.
Thank You, when I went onto What Uni it was coming up with Notts Trent, Coventry and then Portsmouth as top rated within my expected grades. Do you have any experiences of Notts / Coventry for Sports Management. I have honestly never come across Hartpury in all my research I'll look them up. I am Midlands based but looking all over England providing its not London due to costs.

Hartbury is quite famous for sport. Rugby in particularly. A number of English rugby players went there. I think it might also be known for agriculture. I think it is quite small. Cardiff Met is like the Loughborough of Wales. Loads of rugby international players went there. Lots of cricketers and athletes as well. It is in BUCS super rugby cup as well as having a team in the 2nd level of the Welsh leagues. The football team plays in the Welsh top football league. It is one of 6 universities having the ECB Centre of excellence along with Loughborough and Durham. Many olympic and commonwealth games athletes went there.

Hi @slimbrunett12 ,

Our Sport Management degree is run in partnership with Derby County Football Club, giving our students access to Pride Park stadium, with work experience opportunities tied into the business. Take a look at the video below to hear from some of our graduates who have found work at the club after graduation.

Best of luck with your research!
^Ryan
Original post by University of Derby
Hi @slimbrunett12 ,

Our Sport Management degree is run in partnership with Derby County Football Club, giving our students access to Pride Park stadium, with work experience opportunities tied into the business. Take a look at the video below to hear from some of our graduates who have found work at the club after graduation.

Best of luck with your research!
^RyI
Thank You I will look at Derby it's not too far from me.

Original post by swanseajack1
Hartbury is quite famous for sport. Rugby in particularly. A number of English rugby players went there. I think it might also be known for agriculture. I think it is quite small. Cardiff Met is like the Loughborough of Wales. Loads of rugby international players went there. Lots of cricketers and athletes as well. It is in BUCS super rugby cup as well as having a team in the 2nd level of the Welsh leagues. The football team plays in the Welsh top football league. It is one of 6 universities having the ECB Centre of excellence along with Loughborough and Durham. Many olympic and commonwealth games athletes went there.

Thanks, I am not at the level of becoming an Olympian or being a pro player I just play for fun. What I am interested in is coaching, but also marketing in a sports venue and management positions for event management, etc., I would also consider a teaching certificate after, which if why I'm looking for a course that covers both sports science and business, Sports Management. I've a few virtual open days lines up and hope to get my application in
Thanks, I am not at the level of becoming an Olympian or being a pro player I just play for fun. What I am interested in is coaching, but also marketing in a sports venue and management positions for event management, etc., I would also consider a teaching certificate after, which if why I'm looking for a course that covers both sports science and business, Sports Management. I've a few virtual open days lines up and hope to get my application in

Hi, as you have mentioned that you are specifically interested in sports coaching, why not check out our BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching and Development Degree. This will prepare you to work in a multitude of coaching, teaching and development roles.

Through a number of placement you will gain experience of working in the sports industry, either with a sports development organisation, a social enterprise, community club or primary / secondary school and have the chance to gain industry-recognised coaching qualifications.

You will be based at USW Sport Park, a brand-new specially designed high performance facility. The Sport Park is regularly used by international professional teams, such as the Wales national football team and Cardiff City Football Club, as well as the touring New Zealand, South Africa and Australia rugby squads.

If you'd like to find out more, drop us a message, or come along to our next online Online Open Day on Saturday 21 November :smile:

Thanks

Carrie

Quick Reply

Latest