Medusa.D
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Last edited by Medusa.D; 2 weeks ago
Avesta2003
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fill out the Extenuating Circumstances Form ASAP!! The deadline is in 2 days!!
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Medusa.D)
Hi there, hope you're doing well!
Last year during December my mother decided to leave home without warning my brother and I. The police was alerted and a week later it was discovered that she moved to a different country with another man. I last saw my father left when I was 12, and I now live with my grandparents and aunts family.
Due to this I decided to retake year 12 and I'm currently studying 3 different subjects in year 12 because I would like to go to Cambridge. Do you think discussing this family issue as an extenuating circumstance count? I'm not using this as an excuse it's just a cause for my grades dropping.
Thank you
No one can really tell you whether this might aid your application, but you should submit details of your circumstances via the following procedure:

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....umstances-form
Avesta2003
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Literally said that
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The title is a little misleading.

As Avesta says, fill out an ECF. It seems likely that your situation would be considered a valid reason for retaking a year, which would presumably be frowned upon in normal circumstances. It would not, however, excuse poor grades (from the contextual data page: "It should be noted that we don’t use contextual data to systematically make conditional offers at lower grades, or to make allowances for a poor academic record.").
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads