Asked for a break but miss them already

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I asked for it this morning because i needed time to think but i miss them. Do i stick it out and think more or is this a sign i should go back?
username5447420
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I asked for it this morning because i needed time to think but i miss them. Do i stick it out and think more or is this a sign i should go back?
Stick it out, if you wanted a break there must have been a reason, trust your instincts for at least a week and then see if you still miss them / want to get back with them.

It may just be the anxiety of being single/alone again that has you missing them, just give it a week and see how you still feel.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
stick it out and see how it goes, you need to stay true to your original intent but do factor in your current feelings, so i'd say return to the relationship when it feels right.
maybe keep a journal to keep track of things, for example why you asked for a break and each day how you feel?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jacobf91)
Stick it out, if you wanted a break there must have been a reason, trust your instincts for at least a week and then see if you still miss them / want to get back with them.

It may just be the anxiety of being single/alone again that has you missing them, just give it a week and see how you still feel.
Ok that’s a good point. Thank you so much.
(Original post by Anonymous)
stick it out and see how it goes, you need to stay true to your original intent but do factor in your current feelings, so i'd say return to the relationship when it feels right.
maybe keep a journal to keep track of things, for example why you asked for a break and each day how you feel?
That’s a good idea actually. Thanks so much for that. I kind of miss him so much, I was planning on telling him today but is it too early... It feels like I made a mistake in asking for the break if I’m honest but at the same time, should I wait for longer?
ashtolga23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you asked for a break then you probably needed it for a reason. I would be exactly the same in your position, but I think you need to take the opportunity to fix whatever is wrong before you go back. It'll be better for you in the long-run, and could mend things for the future.
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Personally, I don’t believe in breaks, u shouldn’t give up on them if you’re truly invested in them and the fact u already miss them tells me u made the wrong choice. Of course, if u truly like them then you’re going to miss them but if u really feel like a break is the right thing to do then don’t reach out because you’re messing with your own feelings and their feelings. Don’t tempt yourself, stick it out so u can make a clear decision about what u want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed