The Student Room Group

I like a girl

For the first time in my life I actually like a girl enough that i would genuinely like to get to know her better. She picks up a catalogue from my house nearly every month. Thats the only time i come in contact with her and all we say to each other is hello and thank you. Shes not like other girls that i meet. Shes so beautiful, smells nice also, has the perfect dress sense etc. I have been getting vibes off her and i think she might have sensed that i like her. Everytime she comes i get nervous and cant say anything except hello and thank you. I dont want to say anything unless i know for sure how she feels.

However, she looks older than me. Atleast 2 years older. Could be 3 or 4. I can tell by the way she dresses and that i dont feel so strongly about girls my age (no idea why). The one girl that i like turns out to be older than me. Bad luck or what.

What does everyone think about this situation.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
HEY!
how you doin...
kikzen
HEY!
how you doin...

hey, kitzen, how u doin'?
Reply 3
Whats_The_411?
hey, kitzen, how u doin'?

greeting 411.

good christmas?
Reply 4
confused?
For the first time in my life I actually like a girl enough that i would genuinely like to get to know her better. She picks up a catalogue from my house nearly every month. Thats the only time i come in contact with her and all we say to each other is hello and thank you. Shes not like other girls that i meet. Shes so beautiful, smells nice also, has the perfect dress sense etc. I have been getting vibes off her and i think she might have sensed that i like her. Everytime she comes i get nervous and cant say anything except hello and thank you. I dont want to say anything unless i know for sure how she feels.

However, she looks older than me. Atleast 2 years older. Could be 3 or 4. I can tell by the way she dresses and that i dont feel so strongly about girls my age (no idea why). The one girl that i like turns out to be older than me. Bad luck or what.

you wont find out until you ask.

either you get knocked back in which case you havent lost much and you hardly see her anyway, so its not embarrassing like if she was in your class in college or something.

or, it goes well and you can go out or somethin
Reply 5
Cute.

Ok just next time you see her ask her how her xmas was or something then that'll get you 2 talking. Then ask her if she'd be interested in going out for a date or whatever sometime. The worst she can do is say no and like lessthanthree said, its not like you'd be seeing her everyday to make things more embaressing.
Reply 6
anyone see the footy yesterday?
need_money
Cute.

Ok just next time you see her ask her how her xmas was or something then that'll get you 2 talking. Then ask her if she'd be interested in going out for a date or whatever sometime. The worst she can do is say no and like lessthanthree said, its not like you'd be seeing her everyday to make things more embaressing.

See if you can get her number :biggrin:
Reply 8
is age any problem. She doesnt know my age. im 17 but people actually think i look 22-23. Girls, will it be a problem when she finds out. I could be totally wrong, she might be 17 herself but she definitely looks 20ish.
confused?
is age any problem. She doesnt know my age. im 17 but people actually think i look 22-23. Girls, will it be a problem when she finds out. I could be totally wrong, she might be 17 herself but she definitely looks 20ish.

Someone once said to me they'd go out with me if I was a year older :smile:

Oh wait.. that's no help :frown:
Reply 10
confused?

you dont know its a problem, as you dont even know her age yet :biggrin:

and even if she is a few years older, its hardly a big difference.
Reply 11
confused?

Age is only a problem BEFORE you like someone... If I met someone younger than me and I knew right from the off that they were younger, I guess I wouldn't be as interested.. but if I found out that someone I'd already gotten to like was younger, then I doubt it would change things a lot.
Reply 12
confused?

Aww sounds sweet :biggrin: Just go for it and ask her out! It's better than never knowing and you're hardly gonna know how she feels about you when you guys never talk or see each other. So the only way of knowing is ask her.

Just ask her. Lol my less than subtle hint to a guy was "Do you have a girlfriend?" :rolleyes: But hey everything was cool cus as it turns out he liked me too :p:

Why don't you strike up a conversation with her - how's you day, blah blah do you have msn? :rolleyes: You can see where it's going :biggrin: but then at least you can get to know her! Or start talking about a film and then say "Hey you wanna go watch it together?" :rolleyes:

Lol I should be a guy :biggrin: Have never chatted anyone up in my life but I can always drop a sort of hint and I'm usually not afraid to do so! :biggrin: I'd never propose though :p:
Reply 13
next time tell her you like her and ask if she likes you
if you do it confidently then it wont be akward at all afterwards if she says no
and if she says yes, well get her number and take her out somewhere
Reply 14
if I was her and found out that you're 17 after couple of dates first thing I'd do is get a knife:p: secondly tell her your real ages if she is intrested then ok,if she is not then face it she doesn't like to date younger boys
Reply 15
Realistically you haven't got a chance.

But, say something funny, do something funny, or simply ask her about Christmas/new year.
Reply 16
Guys im not stupid. What ive said in all previous posts is true. I know its a crush, but i think its a little more because i really like her and want to get to know her better (could be love at first sight unless you dont believe in it). How do you know i dont stand a chance. Have you seen her or me? i have a lot of female friends therefore have some knowledge about girls. This girl is the only one that stands out.

What do you mean by basis of marriage. I just want to get to know her because she possesses all the physical qualities i look for. I kno i have only said hello but the point of this thread is that i want to go further than that.

Has anyone here figured out if a girl or boy is interested in you by not talking much? Sometimes you can just look at a girl and see what she is all about. The way she walks, talks and carries herself. I might be mistaken but i genuinely do think she likes me. I cant say why but i know something is there.
Reply 17
I think this thread would be better if you inserted "****" in between I and like
Reply 18
confused?
Guys im not stupid. What ive said in all previous posts is true. I know its a crush, but i think its a little more because i really like her and want to get to know her better (could be love at first sight unless you dont believe in it). How do you know i dont stand a chance. Have you seen her or me? i have a lot of female friends therefore have some knowledge about girls. This girl is the only one that stands out.

What do you mean by basis of marriage. I just want to get to know her because she possesses all the physical qualities i look for. I kno i have only said hello but the point of this thread is that i want to go further than that.

Has anyone here figured out if a girl or boy is interested in you by not talking much? Sometimes you can just look at a girl and see what she is all about. The way she walks, talks and carries herself. I might be mistaken but i genuinely do think she likes me. I cant say why but i know something is there.

well in that case, chat to her next time, and ask her if she wants to go out for a coffee/film some time.

then report back to us. is that once-a-month day getting closer? or has it just passed, and u have another month to wait?
Well if you feel there's something special and if there is she will also feel the same. So in that case you have to ask her. Dont let age be a problem, in fact, forget that. If you like someone it doesnt matter if theyre a few years older.

Just get chatting about anything. and each time she comes chat a little bit more and then eventually you can go out somewhere.

Latest

Trending

Trending