Choosing Aston vs Essex university for MSc Business Analytics

Watch
SomeshSurprise
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got offer letters from Aston University and the University of Essex for MSc Business Analytics. I need help for to choose the best University (Academics, cost of living, job opportunities, social life, overall)
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SomeshSurprise)
I got offer letters from Aston University and the University of Essex for MSc Business Analytics. I need help for to choose the best University (Academics, cost of living, job opportunities, social life, overall)
Hi there,

The MSC Business Analytics course is ranked 3rd in the UK in the Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking 2020 with the teaching staff having a worldwide reputation for research into efficiency through Data Envelope Analysis (DEA). Aston Business School is part of an elite group of business schools thanks to our triple accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. This can help to enhance your career prospects, boost your earning potential and set you on the path to a successful, and rewarding career. You'll be provided with challenging course material and as part of the course, you will also be provided with a breadth of exposure to employers, such as an internship or a study abroad opportunity.

The cost of living as a student can vary depending on your overall lifestyle and budgeting skills. You can find accommodation close to Aston University for as low as £70.99 a week which might help offset your living costs and your overall cost of living. As it is a small campus with a lot of accommodations within walking distance you're able to offset travel costs as well.

The campus is in the Birmingham city centre, with a lot of businesses in the area you're going to be afforded a lot of part-time job opportunities in the city and on campus as well. Our dedicated careers and placements team will also be at hand to help you every step of the way to find both placements and graduate job opportunities as well as providing you with multiple networking opportunities.

Being so close to the city centre also helps with the social scene as you're very close to a lot of social hubs. The intimate nature of the campus and active student union also encourage you to get involved with societies, clubs and other university activities which would impact positively on your overall student life.

I hope this has helped.

*Ethel
SomeshSurprise
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Aston University)
Hi there,

The MSC Business Analytics course is ranked 3rd in the UK in the Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking 2020 with the teaching staff having a worldwide reputation for research into efficiency through Data Envelope Analysis (DEA). Aston Business School is part of an elite group of business schools thanks to our triple accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. This can help to enhance your career prospects, boost your earning potential and set you on the path to a successful, and rewarding career. You'll be provided with challenging course material and as part of the course, you will also be provided with a breadth of exposure to employers, such as an internship or a study abroad opportunity.

The cost of living as a student can vary depending on your overall lifestyle and budgeting skills. You can find accommodation close to Aston University for as low as £70.99 a week which might help offset your living costs and your overall cost of living. As it is a small campus with a lot of accommodations within walking distance you're able to offset travel costs as well.

The campus is in the Birmingham city centre, with a lot of businesses in the area you're going to be afforded a lot of part-time job opportunities in the city and on campus as well. Our dedicated careers and placements team will also be at hand to help you every step of the way to find both placements and graduate job opportunities as well as providing you with multiple networking opportunities.

Being so close to the city centre also helps with the social scene as you're very close to a lot of social hubs. The intimate nature of the campus and active student union also encourage you to get involved with societies, clubs and other university activities which would impact positively on your overall student life.

I hope this has helped.

*Ethel
Thanks, Ethel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (698)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (875)
42.54%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.06%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.47%

Watched Threads