people who went or go to a same-sex school, how are you?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
how are you in terms of development lmao

i'm in my last year of an all-boys school

more or less have not spoken to a girl since primary school, i have no female friends

at the moment i have no sexual attraction towards girls. i've had crushes on guys and sexual attraction towards them (like, my first wet dream which i had no control over was over a guy...)

one reason i'm looking forward to uni is being able to interact with guys and girls like NORMAL people do. i wonder how it will be like. i'm not a very "masculine" guy, so i feel like i would end up like a "gay best friend" (this was the only way i can think of describing it). idk i think i would be emotionally similar to girls
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
l am good
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm good, thanks. How you doing?
_ks233
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Perfectly fine, you?
claireblah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
All good, you say?
username5396114
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Went to an all girls school till Y10, then went to a mixed school.
Stuck out, couldn't converse with boys and when I did the conversation was only about school work.
Now in my final year of Sixth Form, and it's the same, hoping Uni will be different
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Simply spiffing
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
went to an all girls secondary, currently in year 13 at a mixed sixth form, i feel rlly awkward with boys but i think that's a personal issue for me bc im awkward in general anyways lol.. just more awkward around boys
Alienated.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Simply existing.
deadroseex
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I went to an all girls school and spoke to no boys AT ALL for 3 years. I am now in mixed and I can tell you right now I can't speak to a boy without arguing....

The girls are basically all my friends though and I get along with all the girls, even the ones who are rude and horrible!
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
Well have hardly any male friends left and absolutely no female friends (most just used me for company or homework help) and I've just graduated uni; uni wasn't better than school for me and it just made me even more upset tbh
Anonymous #4
Report 3 months ago
went to an all girls high school, then co-ed from there. But pretty much has ****ed up my social interaction with men, pretty much took me three years of uni to work out men aren't an alien species and you can talk to them just the same as women

but thats just my experience...
OceanCat
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
All girls years 7 - 11, never had a problem conversing with boys which is weird because I should have had a problem with it.
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hi
*****deadness
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

more or less have not spoken to a girl since primary school, i have no female friends

at the moment i have no sexual attraction towards girls. i've had crushes on guys and sexual attraction towards them (like, my first wet dream which i had no control over was over a guy...)

one reason i'm looking forward to uni is being able to interact with guys and girls like NORMAL people do. i wonder how it will be like. i'm not a very "masculine" guy, so i feel like i would end up like a "gay best friend" (this was the only way i can think of describing it). idk i think i would be emotionally similar to girls
I've been in co-ed since September last year, but never had any idea about how to go near girls. Even before I went to the boys school last September I've only ever had crushes on guys and being attracted to them, and I think every one of such dreams I've had involve no people or a guy. The 'gay best friend' situation would be what I wish I could have, but for various reasons I prefer not having any friends, in this life anyway. Absolutely nothing wrong with what you think about guys, just find opportunities to talk to girls if you'd like to be normal with them
Arv1nd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago

I'm in my last year at a boys boarding school.

I tend to participate in quite a lot of extracurricular stuff so I naturally get a lot more contact with the opposite sex than usual

I'm also bi and have known that long before joining my current school, tho I don't think my sexual preferences have tilted either way significantly

You can't help who you are. I get it that in the context of an all male environment, not being very masculine may be frowned upon but I'm pretty sure things will get better at uni. If you feel that you'd be emotionally closer to girls, then all the better - you'd have more interactions with girls at uni. At the same time, your relationship with guys will probably depend on how things are currently

Feel free to pu btw
Anonymous #5
Report 3 months ago
I'm at an all girls school and feel so awkward whenever I see a boy. It seems like they are from another species. I haven't really had any crushes other than on celebs & 1 teacher
Anonymous #5
Report 3 months ago
I'm at an all girls school and feel so awkward whenever I see a boy. It seems like they are from another species. I haven't really had any crushes other than on celebs & 1 teacher
And my school don't have any partnerships with boy schools. Which means that I have had no contact with boys
Anonymous #6
Report 3 months ago
entering my 7th and final year at an all girls secondary skl,
I'm bisexual but leaning more towards lesbian XD
apart from *extreme* clique-iness in year 8+9, and the usual rounds of girls skl gossip, I'm all good (:
hbu?
Anonymous #5
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Arv1nd)
I'm in my last year at a boys boarding school.

I tend to participate in quite a lot of extracurricular stuff so I naturally get a lot more contact with the opposite sex than usual

I'm also bi and have known that long before joining my current school, tho I don't think my sexual preferences have tilted either way significantly

You can't help who you are. I get it that in the context of an all male environment, not being very masculine may be frowned upon but I'm pretty sure things will get better at uni. If you feel that you'd be emotionally closer to girls, then all the better - you'd have more interactions with girls at uni. At the same time, your relationship with guys will probably depend on how things are currently

Feel free to pu btw
oooh How is boarding school like?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (403)
56.36%
I don't have everything I need (312)
43.64%

Watched Threads