Relationship problems ?!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This guy knows I’d have to choose between him and my family.
Is it bad that he hasn’t told me not to choose him? And is basically telling me that he’d look after me and would never leave me etc
I mean does it make him a bad person for not telling me to choose my family over him?
The fact he’s okay with me losing everything concerns me. Is that a red flag??
username5447420
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This guy knows I’d have to choose between him and my family.
Is it bad that he hasn’t told me not to choose him? And is basically telling me that he’d look after me and would never leave me etc
I mean does it make him a bad person for not telling me to choose my family over him?
The fact he’s okay with me losing everything concerns me. Is that a red flag??
Family is all we have, relationships come and go.

If you hate your family and are 100% sure this guy is your absolute soulmate who will never ever leave you or fall out of love with you years down the line, then sure go for it.

At the end of the day, you have to weigh up your feelings towards them and how important your family are to you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jacobf91)
Family is all we have, relationships come and go.

If you hate your family and are 100% sure this guy is your absolute soulmate who will never ever leave you or fall out of love with you years down the line, then sure go for it.

At the end of the day, you have to weigh up your feelings towards them and how important your family are to you.
Sounds like you really know what you’re talking about. I don’t hate my family, my parents are kinda toxic and they’re the reason I struggle with my mental health but they’re still my parents at the end of the day and I’m not stable enough to just leave them. I kinda always knew I wouldn’t choose him even tho I do think that we would be happy together and I do think of him as my soulmate. But, I can’t leave my family so ...
username5447346
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
umm i mean he might be saying it outta love n cuz he knows he's better for u than ur parents r? idk him or his intentions tho sooooooo
Anonymous #1
(Original post by M_Zara)
umm i mean he might be saying it outta love n cuz he knows he's better for u than ur parents r? idk him or his intentions tho sooooooo
If you were in the same situation would you tell your girl/boy to leave their family for you?
username5447346
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you were in the same situation would you tell your girl/boy to leave their family for you?
i wld be the one to leave my fam for my guy tbh
but if his fam were toxic n he had to choose n i knew me n my fam were better then yh i wld say that tbh
but in ur case have a good deep srs convo w/ him n take things from there ig x
username5447420
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why do you have to choose anyway? are your family saying that you cant be with him?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by M_Zara)
i wld be the one to leave my fam for my guy tbh
but if his fam were toxic n he had to choose n i knew me n my fam were better then yh i wld say that tbh
but in ur case have a good deep srs convo w/ him n take things from there ig x
Okay, thank you for your help x
Anonymous #1
Why do you have to choose anyway? are your family saying that you cant be with him?
Yeah he’s not the same religion as me
username5447346
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay, thank you for your help x
lool no worries x ahaha check me out giving relationship advice at 16 when ALL of my guy dramas EVER have ended badly loooool
username5447420
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah he’s not the same religion as me
Tough situation, don't really know what to say to you as I've never been in a even remotely similar situation, the best advice I can give is to just listen to your head and your heart, weigh up the pros and cons of both outcomes and make a choice that you think you can live with.
Anonymous #1
Tough situation, don't really know what to say to you as I've never been in a even remotely similar situation, the best advice I can give is to just listen to your head and your heart, weigh up the pros and cons of both outcomes and make a choice that you think you can live with.
Thanks for the advice x
imaniii
Badges: 17
Report 1 month ago
No. That’s probably just his way of saying he loves you and is afraid of losing you. Did he really say “I am okay with you losing everything.” ? I doubt it. You make your own choice, it’s not his duty to do so.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
It just means he love you and wants to spend his life with you. The choice is yours this is not a red flag. Plus if the guy treats u good and the family doesnt really dont see the issue. I would leave my family personally if I loved someone and they treated me good and my family didnt really treated me good. Doesnt mean youd be losing “everything”, you’d be have a lot to gain. Good luck
Anonymous #1
(Original post by imaniii)
No. That’s probably just his way of saying he loves you and is afraid of losing you. Did he really say “I am okay with you losing everything.” ? I doubt it. You make your own choice, it’s not his duty to do so.
I guess he never explicitly said it, but that’s how it felt to me :/
Anonymous #1
It just means he love you and wants to spend his life with you. The choice is yours this is not a red flag. Plus if the guy treats u good and the family doesnt really dont see the issue. I would leave my family personally if I loved someone and they treated me good and my family didnt really treated me good. Doesnt mean youd be losing “everything”, you’d be have a lot to gain. Good luck
Thank you guess I have a lot of thinking to do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.12%
No - I have already returned home (23)
13.86%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.04%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
24.7%

Watched Threads