Froggytime
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im in y13, ancient history looked like fun so I took it. It isn't. I end up having a meltdown when trying to revise as its so overwhelming and I don't understand it! I consistently getting Ds and Es. Does ANYONE have any ocr study notes on it? I would appreciate any help so badly as I just cannot take it anymore, there's no revision notes online and the textbook confuses me too! My teacher just brushes me off when I ask for help and ignores me. Please help.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The teacher shouldn't be brushing you off when you ask for help. Have you tried a different textbook which covers the same material? What topics are you stuck on?
Froggytime
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 0le)
The teacher shouldn't be brushing you off when you ask for help. Have you tried a different textbook which covers the same material? What topics are you stuck on?
there is only one suitable textbook that I have found, the whole course is somewhat baffling if I am honest. It all has to be linked to sources with an in-depth explanation to everything, we are learning using 'packs' where you answer questions as you progress through the period but this leaves out a large amount of context which I always miss from my answers! I'm just stuck and I am not sure I can't out of the issue. I am probably the only person who actually wants cancelled exams aha
2childmum!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is there anything of any use here -

https://getrevising.co.uk/revision-c..._as_sparta_ocr (there seems to be a variety of revision stuff here - you need to sign up but I think it's free)

I assume these are the textbooks you have -https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-and-a-level/ancient-history-h007-h407-from-2017/textbooks/

Have a look around on the exam board page to see if there are any resources which might help you - even if they are aimed at teachers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (9)
37.5%
No - I have already returned home (4)
16.67%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (6)
25%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (1)
4.17%
No - I live at home during term anyway (4)
16.67%

Watched Threads