Child trust fund

Watch
shahbaaz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
what happens when you turn 18 and have a trust fund? do you get a debit card with all the money in it?
izzxm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You should get a letter about it a few weeks before you turn 18 and a form that you have to fill out - asking if you want it transferred to your current bank account
shahbaaz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by izzxm)
You should get a letter about it a few weeks before you turn 18 and a form that you have to fill out - asking if you want it transferred to your current bank account
Thanks
jellybellyb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I dunno.
Rufus the red
nikkiblonsky
:vroam:
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jellybellyb)
I dunno.
Rufus the red
nikkiblonsky
:vroam:
Be damned sinner.
Curious G
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you know how long it takes to process the money into my account? My birthday was a month ago and I’ve filled out two letters and sent them back but haven’t received the money.
Blue_skies124
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I didn’t receive a letter
What should I do
izzxm
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Curious G)
Do you know how long it takes to process the money into my account? My birthday was a month ago and I’ve filled out two letters and sent them back but haven’t received the money.
I sent mine on the 9th october (my 18th) and haven’t got the money yet either
izzxm
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Blue_skies124)
I didn’t receive a letter
What should I do
When’s your birthday? I got mine like 2 weeks before my birthday. Also, ask your parents because they might have got the letter but just haven’t told you
Blue_skies124
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My birthday was on 26th September 2002
They haven’t got it either
izzxm
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Blue_skies124)
My birthday was on 26th September 2002
They haven’t got it either
Ask your parents if they know what bank it was that you were meant to get your trust fund from - I'm sure there's a way you can contact them about it?
yolo10101010
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
CTF take an awful long time compared to your standard junior ISA. i know because my friends birthday was in July and he only got his money in october. for CTFs its best to consult your parents from what ive seen.
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by shahbaaz)
what happens when you turn 18 and have a trust fund? do you get a debit card with all the money in it?
Debit cards don't get money in them - they are just a method for accessing the money in a bank account.
You should be asked for the details for where the money should go on maturity of the CTF. If CTF is held with a mainstream provider in the same way as JISAs then they may transfer the money to a traditional savings account meaning you have to organise a transfer from there to your bank account.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (672)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (849)
42.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.28%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed