what was your favourite year?

Watch
Bvbfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know this is an odd question to ask and maybe its even odder that I have an answer myself, but when I asked this question to my friends we all ended up coming to the same conclusion - that 2018 was the "best year". If thats possible. Obviously Im not saying that every other year was rubbish or anything but whenever me and my friends are talking about funny or cool things that happened once - its almost uncanny how often we talk about something from 2018. For starters, in january -august of 2018 I was in year 11 which was by far my favourite school year for a number of reasons, so straight away there is that. But in 2018 infinity war came out and me and my friends were actually so hyped for that film, and the film was amazing. Not everyones cup of tea, but I was legitimately really excited for the ksi logan paul fight in august 2018. And there was a really good build up to it that lasted for many months. Also, anyone remember 'the beast from the east' in march 2018? That was the best snow day of my life so far. What made it even better was that it hadnt snowed properly for years before that. Also, the 2018 world cup was really good. There were a lot of more personal reasons why i enjoyed 2018 so much, as I said year 11 was my favourite school year and I actually got really good gcse results. i was actually dreading results day as well, i know everyone says that but I felt i didnt work hard enough at gcses and i really thought i was going to be disappointed on results day but somehow i did a lot better than i expected and so that results day was one of the most memorable days of my life. I also went on a school trip in january 2018 and it was one of the best school trips i have ever been on. Aside from that, there are just loads of minor things that often come up when talking with my friends. Like whenever someone says 'do you remember when this happened on school' 'or do you remember when so and so said this' it often seems to be 2018 that had the most funny things. Obviously loads of other good things happened in other years but i just seem to have so many funny memories from 2018 for whatever reason. I think a contributing factor was that in gcses the workload is lower than a levels even though you dont realise it at the time, and naturally there is more time for joking around in lessons. whilst in a levels there wasnt so much. So im interested, does anyone else have a year that they remember really fondly? where most things just seemed to go right for them? Im curious lol.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely not 2020...
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bumble18
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2016. Would love to go back in time and do it all again.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bvbfan)
I know this is an odd question to ask and maybe its even odder that I have an answer myself, but when I asked this question to my friends we all ended up coming to the same conclusion - that 2018 was the "best year". If thats possible. Obviously Im not saying that every other year was rubbish or anything but whenever me and my friends are talking about funny or cool things that happened once - its almost uncanny how often we talk about something from 2018. For starters, in january -august of 2018 I was in year 11 which was by far my favourite school year for a number of reasons, so straight away there is that. But in 2018 infinity war came out and me and my friends were actually so hyped for that film, and the film was amazing. Not everyones cup of tea, but I was legitimately really excited for the ksi logan paul fight in august 2018. And there was a really good build up to it that lasted for many months. Also, anyone remember 'the beast from the east' in march 2018? That was the best snow day of my life so far. What made it even better was that it hadnt snowed properly for years before that. Also, the 2018 world cup was really good. There were a lot of more personal reasons why i enjoyed 2018 so much, as I said year 11 was my favourite school year and I actually got really good gcse results. i was actually dreading results day as well, i know everyone says that but I felt i didnt work hard enough at gcses and i really thought i was going to be disappointed on results day but somehow i did a lot better than i expected and so that results day was one of the most memorable days of my life. I also went on a school trip in january 2018 and it was one of the best school trips i have ever been on. Aside from that, there are just loads of minor things that often come up when talking with my friends. Like whenever someone says 'do you remember when this happened on school' 'or do you remember when so and so said this' it often seems to be 2018 that had the most funny things. Obviously loads of other good things happened in other years but i just seem to have so many funny memories from 2018 for whatever reason. I think a contributing factor was that in gcses the workload is lower than a levels even though you dont realise it at the time, and naturally there is more time for joking around in lessons. whilst in a levels there wasnt so much. So im interested, does anyone else have a year that they remember really fondly? where most things just seemed to go right for them? Im curious lol.
2017. What a year it was for me.
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the one, the only...2012 summer bois

Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1994. The year in which legends were born.
BrowniesMorgan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have never been showered with so much happiness than the winter of 2017.
Retronomical
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2012!
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In my mind, 2012, 2013 and 2015 were fantastic but I'd have to go with 2018. The summer ended on a high after my first year at uni, World Cup fever, optimism all around with loads of parties, great nights and the music topping the charts wasn't too bad either..

If I could go back further, probably 1997..
Last edited by TJ1997; 1 month ago
SetethFlayn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oooh a tough one. 2007? Or maybe 2009? The days when all me and my family cared about was completing the Pokedex!
cloud_9_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2015 >>>>>>
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
I meant that because I wasn't born :lol:
Seriously though, probably 2014 because of the world cup
Shafy97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has to be either 2009 or 2014 for me, both incredible years where everything great happened at the right time. Both years marked the end of my schooling years in primary school and secondary school for me and there was always a massive party that happened during the end of those school years. Moreover alongside that I'd go on holiday twice in those years, so in 2009 I went to Italy and Bangladesh, then in 2014 I went to Italy and Bangladesh again lol. However 2014 would slightly edge 2009 as in that year, there was the World Cup, my NCS experience and an extended Summer Holiday which included an end of year prom.

2008, 2010, 2011,2012 and 2017 were other years which I found to be quite enjoyable as well, then of course there's 1997 the year in which I was born!

2008-2012, were just brilliant years filled with great nostalgia that I thoroughly enjoyed with regards to sporting tournaments, music, gaming and experiences with friends at school.

Then 2017 was great as it was the year I started Uni and I could remember all the hype when starting and it certainly felt like it was worth the hype in the first few months as I made quite a few friends and went to places like Thorpe Park and Winter Wonderland with them.
Last edited by Shafy97; 1 month ago
jae jae
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2004 - because I wasn’t alive
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2015. Things have been going downhill since.
Cherx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Summerneive
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
None.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads