If I miss a resit but appeal to the University with a good reason?

Watch
Peter112112
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
HI,
My name is Peter and I am a second year Econ student at KCL, just got an email last week said I have been made a dormant student because I failed my first year (I did not attend two of my resit). I then contact kcal department and they encouraged me to appeal. my situation is difficult: with one of my family member (my dad) in jail (in another country)--I have his letter and government letter as evidence(but in different language)(I have to translate them I've heard) and I could not use vpn in my home country and that is the reason I did not see the resit information and of course missed the chance to resit.

I want to appeal and if successful, precede to keep studying second year in 20/21

Do you guys think my excuse is good enough for my uni to consider my situation? (especially at the time of this pandemic? )

Thank you so much
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Peter112112)
HI,
My name is Peter and I am a second year Econ student at KCL, just got an email last week said I have been made a dormant student because I failed my first year (I did not attend two of my resit). I then contact kcal department and they encouraged me to appeal. my situation is difficult: with one of my family member (my dad) in jail (in another country)--I have his letter and government letter as evidence(but in different language)(I have to translate them I've heard) and I could not use vpn in my home country and that is the reason I did not see the resit information and of course missed the chance to resit.

I want to appeal and if successful, precede to keep studying second year in 20/21

Do you guys think my excuse is good enough for my uni to consider my situation? (especially at the time of this pandemic? )

Thank you so much
It's hard for anyone to have an insight into the appeals process, but your reasons seem compelling enough to at least warrant consideration. It also depends on whether the situation has been on-going (and therefore predicted to cause issues) etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (779)
42.04%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (365)
19.7%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.48%

Watched Threads