Lashby537
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya,
I’m applying for politics/politics + IR to start studying in 2021, my predicted grades are A*A*B, but for the unis with mitigating circumstances I apply for that.

I’ve been looking at LSE, bath, bristol and queen mary so far - I don’t really want to be too far away from home so somewhere around the south would be great! I’ve looked at reviews of LSE and have seen a lot of people say they are quite unhappy there or that the social life isn’t very good, which has put me off quite a bit although I really love London.

Does anyone have any experiences of these /have suggestions of other unis I could put down for my choices?

Thanks😊
Last edited by Lashby537; 1 month ago
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lashby537)
Hiya,
I’m applying for politics/politics + IR to start studying in 2021, my predicted grades are A*A*B, but for the unis with mitigating circumstances I apply for that.

I’ve been looking at LSE, bath, bristol and queen mary so far - I don’t really want to be too far away from home so somewhere around the south would be great! I’ve looked at reviews of LSE and have seen a lot of people say they are quite unhappy there or that the social life isn’t very good, which has put me off quite a bit although I really love London.

Does anyone have any experiences of these /have suggestions of other unis I could put down for my choices?

Thanks😊
Exeter is quite highly thought of and in the area you are looking at. 2 hours from Paddington. Possibly UCL might be worth looking at.
Avesta2003
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yea wouldn't go for LSE. If you want to stay at home (assuming you're in London) I think you might find UCL, King's and Royal Holloway as some great choices.
Lashby537
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Exeter is quite highly thought of and in the area you are looking at. 2 hours from Paddington. Possibly UCL might be worth looking at.
(Original post by Avesta2003)
Yea wouldn't go for LSE. If you want to stay at home (assuming you're in London) I think you might find UCL, King's and Royal Holloway as some great choices.
I love the look of UCL but because it’s AAA i don’t know if they would accept me with the B! Royal Holloway definitely an option but the politics has a 20 percent drop out rate which was quite off putting for me☹️ I’m from outer London so Exeter quite a way but it looks really lovely so I think I might put it down as an option anyway.
Last edited by Lashby537; 1 month ago
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exeter is only an hour from Bristol but going direct is 2 hours from Paddington.
Avesta2003
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I love the look of UCL but because it’s AAA i don’t know if they would accept me with the B! Royal Holloway definitely an option but the politics has a 20 percent drop out rate which was quite off putting for me☹️ I’m from outer London so Exeter quite a way but it looks really lovely so I think I might put it down as an option anyway.
A*A*B is certainly enough! A* in two subjects should make up for that B... I applied to Imperial with A*AAA and they said it's fine, despite the A*A*A requirement.
Avesta2003
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
^^ I know they're different universities but it should be a pretty good example that predicted grades aren't everything!! Best of luck with your application.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Where in outer London are you from. Exeter would be M4 to Bristol then M5 down.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bristol - AAA : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/spais/study/undergraduate/
Great city, easy train link to Paddington

Sussex - ABB so potential Insurance : http://www.sussex.ac.uk/politics/ugstudy/prospectus
Brighton, seaside, arty city, 50 mins to Victoria.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
30.97%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.45%

Watched Threads