litm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to do Law in uni but none of my options help with it so I want to do my EPQ on Law or injustices/inequalities or Africa. Any ideas ?
milliewastestime
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Could look on current laws in Africa, anything discriminatory against women, lgbtq, people of colour? You could look at the apartheid in South Africa from the legal perspective too? Those topics combine both of the things you want to look at
litm
Rep:
?
(Original post by milliewastestime)
Could look on current laws in Africa, anything discriminatory against women, lgbtq, people of colour? You could look at the apartheid in South Africa from the legal perspective too? Those topics combine both of the things you want to look at
Thank you so much!
I was thinking more to do with 1. law in UK or USA or 2. Africa in general as two different ideas but yours sound great, the only thing is I'm pretty sure a lot of ppl have done South Africa and I wanted. to do something different
milliewastestime
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by litm)
Thank you so much!
I was thinking more to do with 1. law in UK or USA or 2. Africa in general as two different ideas but yours sound great, the only thing is I'm pretty sure a lot of ppl have done South Africa and I wanted. to do something different
You’re welcome! I know South Africa isn’t something you’re looking at too much now but it’s a very broad topic so you should be able to find something interesting. For example, my EPQ was on international human rights law - I’m sure it’s a fairly basic topic but because I zoomed in on certain aspects I managed to create quite a niche question! So don’t rule things like British colonial law or US civil rights legislation out! I did my EPQ when I was at sixth form and got an A* in it, from my own understanding it isn’t based on how original/unique it is - I’d actually argue it’s a good thing for it not to be because there’ll be a lot of academic research on it. What matters more is the quality and quantity of your academic sources and how much you analyse them for bias and accuracy, how well you’ve done your referencing and bibliography, how you’ve shown development across your project (this is the most important thing!!), how you’ve present your project (inc what went well, what didnt, what you’d change etc). Your work log and what’s in matters more than what you write about in my opinion providing you’ve got the right kind of sources/research. Literally just choose something you’d enjoy researching bc it’s very time consuming - that’s the best thing to keep in mind I think x
litm
Rep:
?
(Original post by milliewastestime)
You’re welcome! I know South Africa isn’t something you’re looking at too much now but it’s a very broad topic so you should be able to find something interesting. For example, my EPQ was on international human rights law - I’m sure it’s a fairly basic topic but because I zoomed in on certain aspects I managed to create quite a niche question! So don’t rule things like British colonial law or US civil rights legislation out! I did my EPQ when I was at sixth form and got an A* in it, from my own understanding it isn’t based on how original/unique it is - I’d actually argue it’s a good thing for it not to be because there’ll be a lot of academic research on it. What matters more is the quality and quantity of your academic sources and how much you analyse them for bias and accuracy, how well you’ve done your referencing and bibliography, how you’ve shown development across your project (this is the most important thing!!), how you’ve present your project (inc what went well, what didnt, what you’d change etc). Your work log and what’s in matters more than what you write about in my opinion providing you’ve got the right kind of sources/research. Literally just choose something you’d enjoy researching bc it’s very time consuming - that’s the best thing to keep in mind I think x
omg that is such a great topic to talk about, wish i thought of that ahaha !
thank you so much for your advice !!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (659)
33.45%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (839)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.44%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.52%

Watched Threads