Stopping a period Watch

This discussion is closed.
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It doesn't have to be with anorexia. Any time when you are constantly depriving your body of sufficient nutrients can cause your period to stop, however it takes a bit of time to happen. However, it depends very much on the individual body. Some people can be very underweight, not eat emough etc but still have their period. Some people can be normal weight/overweight and lose their period.
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Aaa i see how we have got our wires crossed. Yes if you go under 5/6 stone then you are likely to stop on a semi-permanent basis. But your period may also stop in a number of situations when u put ur body under high stress - e.g. if you suddenly stop eating.
grapefruit
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bekaboo)
Aaa i see how we have got our wires crossed. Yes if you go under 5/6 stone then you are likely to stop on a semi-permanent basis. But your period may also stop in a number of situations when u put ur body under high stress - e.g. if you suddenly stop eating.
I still can't understand why you'd wanna stop it half way through though? :confused:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (519)
80.59%
Leave (125)
19.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed