Ear piercing never closed

Watch
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How long of not wearing earrings will it take before they close (lobe 14 years after being pierced )?

I hardly ever wear my earrings, maybe 5-10 times a year and they never seem to close and I think that’s really weird.

My ears also always feel irritated after wearing earrings (never during), which is why I don’t wear them that much, they produce a bit of puss but I don’t think I’m allergic bc it doesn’t seem to matter what they’re made of, it’ll still happen.

Any ideas what’s going on and how I can stop the irritation after wearing them.
aaliyahkalla_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)
How long of not wearing earrings will it take before they close (lobe 14 years after being pierced )?

I hardly ever wear my earrings, maybe 5-10 times a year and they never seem to close and I think that’s really weird.

My ears also always feel irritated after wearing earrings (never during), which is why I don’t wear them that much, they produce a bit of puss but I don’t think I’m allergic bc it doesn’t seem to matter what they’re made of, it’ll still happen.

try using rose water for the irritation. usually they would close 3-6 months after not wearing earrings but it depends on you
ThatGiraffe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If a bit of puss is coming out then the piercing probably isn’t clean. Maybe try the cleaning the piercing with rubbing alcohol to get any bacteria out. If the piercing is unhappy that might be why it isn’t closing.
procrastinatingb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
^ equally if it's been 14 years of having them pierced it's going to take a lot longer for them to close, depending on your ears. my friend had a similar situation and she went almost a year I think without earrings but nothing really happened and she can still wear earrings
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)

All sounds normal to me. Mine haven't closed despite me not wearing earrings for a number of years at one point. The irritation is also pretty normal - make sure that you disinfect the earrings before you put them in. If you start wearing earring regularly again, the irritation will go away after a few days.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads