username5314238
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have my first mocks on 19th November and I have a lot of things to revise for. In maths I know absolutely nothing I do past papers and I get most of it wrong. I have English biology chemistry physics lots of stuff to revise for and I know absolutely nothing. Omg, I am dreading it. Please, someone, help me I need to get good grades just in case they cancel GCSE I'm in yr 11 btw.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need a revision plan. Just opening up papers when you do not understand the material won't help you. Open up a revision book or textbook and just read those notes and do some practice problems. You have about three weeks and that is still enough time to cover a lot.
Bvbfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok, first of all relax lol. You have still got several weeks until the first mock, when I did my gcses i was always cramming for stuff like this with a fair bit less time than you have now and it turned out fine so providing you revise effectively from this point onwards trust me you have enough time. Put English aside for now as despite what your teachers tell you that requires significantly less time than the others. Try to learn the content as best as you can for biology chemistry and physics, do you have the textbooks? or revision guide? if not you have to get access to the specification somehow and get hold of a resource that has all the information you need to know for each science. grind your way through the content for each science. this will be a trek but if you sweat revision you will be able to cover all the content in about 2-3 days per science, so about 9 days in total. As you still have the best part of a month you can probably afford to go through each science a bit more slowly and can probably do a fair few past paper questions but make sure you have the content memorised inside out. For maths, look at a past paper and make a note of the topics you got wrong then put the past paper aside. Go on youtube and just search the name of the topic of the question you got wrong. i remember for maths there are actually a lot of good videos on youtube for pretty much any topic that actually helped me out a lot. You dont just have to use youtube you can use whatever resource you like but i would recommend youtube. Once you have strengthened up your weaknesses jump into some more past papers and again make a note of stuff you got wrong and study what you have got wrong and keep this process going by jut filtering out any weaknesses you have. I did my gcse maths two years ago and i seem to remember a significant portion of the paper is on really easy stuff that is just easy marks. only the second half has these difficult questions that you really need to study. as for english I honestly did next to no revision for and i got a comfortable a star so dont worry if you dont have much time to study for that. I legit just went to my schools 2 hour revision session during easter and didnt do any past papers. Assuming its english language lol english lit you need to revise for. the only thing with english is it is time restricted so maybe do a past paper to familiarise yourself with timings. Hope this helps lol. lemme know how you get on.
Bvbfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok, first of all relax lol. You have still got several weeks until the first mock, when I did my gcses i was always cramming for stuff like this with a fair bit less time than you have now and it turned out fine so providing you revise effectively from this point onwards trust me you have enough time. Put English aside for now as despite what your teachers tell you that requires significantly less time than the others. Try to learn the content as best as you can for biology chemistry and physics, do you have the textbooks? or revision guide? if not you have to get access to the specification somehow and get hold of a resource that has all the information you need to know for each science. grind your way through the content for each science. this will be a trek but if you sweat revision you will be able to cover all the content in about 2-3 days per science, so about 9 days in total. As you still have the best part of a month you can probably afford to go through each science a bit more slowly and can probably do a fair few past paper questions but make sure you have the content memorised inside out. For maths, look at a past paper and make a note of the topics you got wrong then put the past paper aside. Go on youtube and just search the name of the topic of the question you got wrong. i remember for maths there are actually a lot of good videos on youtube for pretty much any topic that actually helped me out a lot. You dont just have to use youtube you can use whatever resource you like but i would recommend youtube. Once you have strengthened up your weaknesses jump into some more past papers and again make a note of stuff you got wrong and study what you have got wrong and keep this process going by jut filtering out any weaknesses you have. I did my gcse maths two years ago and i seem to remember a significant portion of the paper is on really easy stuff that is just easy marks. only the second half has these difficult questions that you really need to study. as for english I honestly did next to no revision for and i got a comfortable a star so dont worry if you dont have much time to study for that. I legit just went to my schools 2 hour revision session during easter and didnt do any past papers. Assuming its english language lol english lit you need to revise for. the only thing with english is it is time restricted so maybe do a past paper to familiarise yourself with timings. Hope this helps lol. lemme know how you get on.
a.g04
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 782t8vwdasg)
I have my first mocks on 19th November and I have a lot of things to revise for. In maths I know absolutely nothing I do past papers and I get most of it wrong. I have English biology chemistry physics lots of stuff to revise for and I know absolutely nothing. Omg, I am dreading it. Please, someone, help me I need to get good grades just in case they cancel GCSE I'm in yr 11 btw.
Lol I have my mocks in a week just relax cos once you settle down you realise there isn't actually as much content as you think there is. I would use the holidays to make notes if you find that helpful and condense them down right to the spec. Then I would do practice questions the next week. Then do past papers the final week leading up to the mocks. Just don't stress and for sciences freesciencelessons is really useful and mrbruff for english- they're both on youtube. Whilst your revising make sure that your phone is in a different room cos I get the most distracted by that, and set limits for how long you can go on it. They always say that loads of breaks is helpful but I personally feel that only a few are good because otherwise you'll end up procrastinating for hours. Anyways good luck I'm sure you'll do amazing
a.g04
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 782t8vwdasg)
Lol I have my mocks in a week just relax cos once you settle down you realise there isn't actually as much content as you think there is. I would use the holidays to make notes if you find that helpful and condense them down right to the spec. Then I would do practice questions the next week. Then do past papers the final week leading up to the mocks. Just don't stress and for sciences freesciencelessons is really useful and mrbruff for english- they're both on youtube. Mr hegarty for maths is really useful as well. Whilst your revising make sure that your phone is in a different room cos I get the most distracted by that, and set limits for how long you can go on it. They always say that loads of breaks is helpful but I personally feel that only a few are good because otherwise you'll end up procrastinating for hours. Anyways good luck I'm sure you'll do amazing
username5314238
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you guys for the advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.83%
No - I have already returned home (25)
10.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.74%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (22)
9.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (69)
30%

Watched Threads