Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Which halls have most privately educated students ???
KNW
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The more expensive the accommodation is, the higher probability of middle class students being there. Though I really don't think any sane person would even think to ask that question, let alone have it influence their decision
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Which halls have most privately educated students ???
Firstly, this is a bit of a silly question. Secondly, it's quite random - some rich kids want the cheapest accommodation, and vice versa. From my own experience, it's Vine Court, but I had private school friends in every hall.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Firstly, this is a bit of a silly question. Secondly, it's quite random - some rich kids want the cheapest accommodation, and vice versa. From my own experience, it's Vine Court, but I had private school friends in every hall.
Yea probs wasn’t the best question to ask haha I’ve just heard some people there are quite anti private schoolers so was just wondering
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Yea probs wasn’t the best question to ask haha I’ve just heard some people there are quite anti private schoolers so was just wondering
I went to a private school. Lots of my friends at Liverpool did. But it's really not a big deal when you get to university. Of course, some people are anti-private school, but you find them at every university.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I went to a private school. Lots of my friends at Liverpool did. But it's really not a big deal when you get to university. Of course, some people are anti-private school, but you find them at every university.
Also I’m a bit torn on whether to apply for Greenbank or crown place, which one would you recommend/ have heard gd things about
loose_change
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Also I’m a bit torn on whether to apply for Greenbank or crown place, which one would you recommend/ have heard gd things about
I went to Crown, wish I had gone to Melville Grove. Parties there were so much better. Much more sociable. Greenbank would have been good this year as not a lot of travel into the centre for uni.
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Crown is 7x oversubscribed each year so if you don't apply now, you probably won't get it. Greenbank was a great place to live.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
31.79%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.58%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (32)
21.19%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.27%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
25.17%

Watched Threads