The Student Room Group

A level subject choices

Hi, so I’ve chosen maths , econ and history and would like to know if the one “soft” subject which is econ would narrow down my chances of possibly wanting to go to a Russel group uni. I might want to do a degree in accounting , econ or finance . Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by zkk22
Hi, so I’ve chosen maths , econ and history and would like to know if the one “soft” subject which is econ would narrow down my chances of possibly wanting to go to a Russel group uni. I might want to do a degree in accounting , econ or finance . Thank you!

I think if you want to go into something like economics or finance it's only going to benefit you to take econ at A-level too as you would have more hands on experience with the subject. If you don't think it would be too much extra work you might also want to consider taking further maths if its not too late.
Reply 2
Original post by jeddiqua
I think if you want to go into something like economics or finance it's only going to benefit you to take econ at A-level too as you would have more hands on experience with the subject. If you don't think it would be too much extra work you might also want to consider taking further maths if its not too late.

Thank you! It’s definitely reassured me of picking econ as an a level considering I didn’t do it for gcse either so I wouldn’t have had any knowledge on it. I don’t think I’m confident enough at maths however to pick further maths, I got an 8 at GCSE but really can’t see myself doing further. But I can see why that would also be a good choice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest