Franco28
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys! I just had some questions regarding LNAT and UCAS Application.
First for the LNAT. For the Section B, the essay, can I give statistics that are not true! Like write random statistics that makes sense. As well as give fake people’s name like “Mitchael Jerrys stated how Law based all foundations globally” or like “M.J, the head of NHS said....”. Also, it’s 30/42 goos enough for the LNAT? What is the average?
My questions for the ucas that involves the LNAt is, which one do i do first? The LNAT exam or the UCAS application? Also, what is the deadline for the LNAT for Oxford University? Do i have to do the exam before the 15th of October? As the UCAS application deadline is the 15th of October. I’m confused with all this deadlines and dates, can someone help me? Thank you!✨ My plan was to, the 1st of September take the LNAT slot and pay and do the exam around the ens of September maybe around the 1st of October, and then the 6th of October start the UCAS application and send it the 7th. Is this plan okay for applying to oxford uni? Because i think its the earliest deadlines compared to all the other unis that are like in January.
JL4819
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As far as I know, you can take the LNAT after the 15th Oct deadline for Oxford, but before the general deadline in January of course!
Getouttamaswamp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Franco28)
First for the LNAT. For the Section B, the essay, can I give statistics that are not true! Like write random statistics that makes sense. As well as give fake people’s name like “Mitchael Jerrys stated how Law based all foundations globally” or like “M.J, the head of NHS said....”. Also, it’s 30/42 goos enough for the LNAT? What is the average?
My questions for the ucas that involves the LNAt is, which one do i do first? The LNAT exam or the UCAS application? Also, what is the deadline for the LNAT for Oxford University? Do i have to do the exam before the 15th of October? As the UCAS application deadline is the 15th of October. I’m confused with all this deadlines and dates, can someone help me? Thank you!✨ My plan was to, the 1st of September take the LNAT slot and pay and do the exam around the ens of September maybe around the 1st of October, and then the 6th of October start the UCAS application and send it the 7th. Is this plan okay for applying to oxford uni? Because i think its the earliest deadlines compared to all the other unis that are like in January.
30/42 is great considering normally around the 20 Mark is average. You can do it in what ever order but people tend to do the UCAS before the LNAT so you have the option whilst waiting to do your LNAT of getting offers from any non LNAT uni's you applied to.

Have you done the LNAT now?
Advertisement
study bee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oxford need the LNAT done before 15th Oct, or by 20th October at the latest.

In terms of making up statistics, names etc. I don't think it is a good idea. The LNAT generally encourages you to keep up with current affairs, so I think that implies that you cannot use fake statistics etc. However, what you can do, is explain your point by saying 'for example, if this was the case, then it would mean this.....'.

Hope that helps! (I just sat my LNAT last Friday!)
Franco28
Rep:
?
(Original post by Getouttamaswamp)
30/42 is great considering normally around the 20 Mark is average. You can do it in what ever order but people tend to do the UCAS before the LNAT so you have the option whilst waiting to do your LNAT of getting offers from any non LNAT uni's you applied to.

Have you done the LNAT now?
All the unis im considering in applying need the LNAT i might be considering University of Edinburgh (no lnat) instead of the University of Glasgow, idk yet.
I’m actually applying next year but my cousin told me she got 30/42 and i wanted to see if the score was enough, but I heard the lnat its really hard so my cousin did really good!
Advertisement
Franco28
Rep:
?
(Original post by study bee)

In terms of making up statistics, names etc. I don't think it is a good idea. The LNAT generally encourages you to keep up with current affairs, so I think that implies that you cannot use fake statistics etc. However, what you can do, is explain your point by saying 'for example, if this was the case, then it would mean this.....'.

Ohh okay thank you so much😊
Awwww I hope you did really good! How do you think it go?✨
Franco28
Rep:
?
(Original post by JL4819)
As far as I know, you can take the LNAT after the 15th Oct deadline for Oxford, but before the general deadline in January of course!
Okay thank you!✨
Advertisement
litm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey i’m doing the lnat in january
is that too late ?
Franco28
Rep:
?
(Original post by litm)
hey i’m doing the lnat in january
is that too late ?
Depends, where are you applying. Which unis are you applying to? And which day of January? Have you done your UCAS application?
Advertisement
litm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends, where are you applying. Which unis are you applying to? And which day of January? Have you done your UCAS application?
kings,qmul, ucl, nottingham, brunel
8th jan
and no, im gonna try to finish it this week or next
Vg120803
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

How did you find it? I have mine next week and I’m so scared :/ from my ultimate collection book I’ve been getting 31/24/30/17/21 etc and it’s just so hard to tell. We don’t get the results till January right?
Advertisement
litm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vg120803)
How did you find it? I have mine next week and I’m so scared :/ from my ultimate collection book I’ve been getting 31/24/30/17/21 etc and it’s just so hard to tell. We don’t get the results till January right?
we get our results mid feb x
Franco28
Rep:
?
(Original post by litm)
kings,qmul, ucl, nottingham, brunel
8th jan
and no, im gonna try to finish it this week or next
Is not late, the deadline is the 15th of January
Advertisement
litm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is not late, the deadline is the 15th of January
thank you
im just scared that im going to get an offer really late, even though everyone gets their results in feb
Franco28
Rep:
?
(Original post by litm)
thank you
im just scared that im going to get an offer really late, even though everyone gets their results in feb
But the results are for the LNAT exams and other exams they have to do, do u you have to do the LNAT exam? The deadline is 15th so it’s okay
litm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But the results are for the LNAT exams and other exams they have to do, do u you have to do the LNAT exam? The deadline is 15th so it’s okay
yeh for 3 of my unis i have to do the lnat
Franco28
Rep:
?
(Original post by litm)
yeh for 3 of my unis i have to do the lnat
Just dont worry its fine, if you send it before the deadline then everything its fine. Good luck!✨✨
Advertisement
litm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just dont worry its fine, if you send it before the deadline then everything its fine. Good luck!✨✨
thank youuu
study bee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vg120803)
Ahh, it's difficult to tell how it's gone! But I don't think it was super difficult and it wasn't super easy either. I mainly used Arbitio and it defo wasn't as hard as that for me!
I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much!
Make sure you know the differences between keywords such as assertion, inference, implication etc.
Make sure you've done some essay practice
And relax!

You'll be great!
Franco28
Rep:
?
Ahh, it's difficult to tell how it's gone! But I don't think it was super difficult and it wasn't super easy either. I mainly used Arbitio and it defo wasn't as hard as that for me!
I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much!
Make sure you know the differences between keywords such as assertion, inference, implication etc.
Make sure you've done some essay practice
And relax!

You'll be great!
Do you have to pay for Arbitio?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (106)
28.34%
No - I have already returned home (49)
13.1%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
18.98%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (38)
10.16%
No - I live at home during term anyway (110)
29.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed