Wayz3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m currently 15, 16 next May. I do the paper round once a week and decided might be time to look at a weekend job, I’m not the most confident person when it comes to talking to other people I don’t know so any ideas?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wayz3)
I’m currently 15, 16 next May. I do the paper round once a week and decided might be time to look at a weekend job, I’m not the most confident person when it comes to talking to other people I don’t know so any ideas?
98% of places require you to be 16 to take you on.
A) because you don't have a national insurance number yet and b) because of all the rules and regulations surrounding employing under 16's.
Quite a few places also require you to have finished school i.e. the end of June sort of time in year 11.

You may get lucky and find a small independent place who will take you on. But I'd stick with your paper round for now and look for something once you turn 16 nearer the end of year 11.
nemofoot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As above said its extremely tough getting a job under 16 there are a load of legal restrictions so most places will refuse to take you on unfortunately, been there when i was 15 and desperate for money, tbh a paper round is prob as good as it will get for you until 16 but you could try some corner shops stick your cv in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (90)
28.21%
No - I have already returned home (41)
12.85%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (61)
19.12%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
10.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (95)
29.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise