I live in Africa (Angola). Ask me ANYTHING

Watch
briananj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i will not judge you at all and answer faithfully anything that you want to know <3
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What’s your favourite thing about Angola?
blackprincessxo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've never actually heard of Angola before.
Are you going to a university in the UK?
*****deadness
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry if I'm being stupid, but do most people in Angola get to go on TSR or the Internet in general?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do most Angolans feel about the outbreak of fighting near the gas fields? Is it something that they feel directly effects them or a distant bit of fighting in a distant part of the country?
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How are you coping with COVID19 in Angola?
briananj
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
What’s your favourite thing about Angola?
the people are so fun to be around it and very honest!
briananj
Rep:
?
(Original post by blackprincessxo)
I've never actually heard of Angola before.
Are you going to a university in the UK?
I hope that you can actually learn a couple of things about it!
Yes I am, my main choice is the University of Manchester
SouthBridge24
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by briananj)
i will not judge you at all and answer faithfully anything that you want to know <3
what did u make of the bush war?
briananj
Rep:
?
(Original post by Black Cat)
How are you coping with COVID19 in Angola?
Personally I am doing okay and just social distancing but generally unemployment rates are really bad and already most of the population is poor and starving people are not social distancing because they have nothing to eat and have to go out to sell whatever they have for survival, our healthcare system is fortunately getting better and trying to test as much as they can and donating money and food to many families
blackprincessxo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hope that you can actually learn a couple of things about it!
Yes I am, my main choice is the University of Manchester
Okay, cool!
Ohhh, UoM! I have an old friend who goes there!
briananj
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
How do most Angolans feel about the outbreak of fighting near the gas fields? Is it something that they feel directly effects them or a distant bit of fighting in a distant part of the country?
it mainly affects the people that are in power because in Angola the people in power are the ones in favor, they are losing money that they are stealing from the people, but since it ultimately affects the economy it indirectly affects the people and I am saying indirectly because angolans fight for survival and getting food on the table and many do not know about these issues because the media hides because the party in power will not be favoured by it
briananj
Rep:
?
(Original post by *****deadness)
Sorry if I'm being stupid, but do most people in Angola get to go on TSR or the Internet in general?
you are not being stupid at all! Actually, many people do not have stable internet in here and many also depend on mobile data for internet and nothing else, the population is poor and affording a smartphone is not an option in comparison to feeding your kids plus we speak portuguese in Angola and TSR is mainly english I am assuming, not many have the privilege to go to a private school that teaches the cambridge curriculum, in fact only 2 schools in our 18 state country offer the CAIE curriculum, there are many other factors too but basically 1. no money or infrastucture to do so and 2. priorities
briananj
Rep:
?
(Original post by SouthBridge24)
what did u make of the bush war?
what do you mean? income or just a lesson out of it?
SouthBridge24
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what do you mean? income or just a lesson out of it?
the whole thing? i have a cuban soldiers hat out of it
briananj
Rep:
?
(Original post by SouthBridge24)
the whole thing? i have a cuban soldiers hat out of it
unfortunately I cant give you straight facts about it but whats on top of my head cause I was sleeping in every history lesson, but honestly we do not talk much about this war in general, I can tell you that we have very good relationships with Namibia and I dare compare this period to the angolan civil war even though this one was sooner, after 1975 which is when the civil war started we were divided in many parties the main ones UNITA and MPLA, and for legal purposes this are just assumptions and not straight facts. Down the border when this war was happening people were obviously taking sides and the already existing relationships between countries like the UK, USA and Russia ignited country in the people of Angola itself so as a consequence many angolan people were killed deliberately and i would say that that was the biggest impact because it generated a lot of hate in communities and treason thats only coming to light nowadays. We lost so much money trying to get people from outside to help us and in armory, in which we were in no condition to handle, i have been told by elders that getting bread was complicates already in which i am assuming that starvation was an ongoing problem, sorry for the long answer I hope this clarifies a bit and it not just me rambling xx
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you think of China investing into Angola?
Oxfordbrookesmam
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is your favourite national holiday? How do you celebrate it?
briananj
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oxfordbrookesmam)
What is your favourite national holiday? How do you celebrate it?
great question, I would say the Carnival because there is a parade and we get to dress as what we want and sometimes join the parade near the beach or just watch it on TV, there is the national food which I LOVE so that makes it even better
briananj
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr T 999)
What do you think of China investing into Angola?
very good question, personally it got excessive to the point where only chinese people are doing the "easy" work in angola and taking away the bits of our economy, but it also has many factors in which I will have to male endless paragraphs so that is the main issue. However, the dependence of China has become more than what is reparable and i cant say if them not investing would be beneficial or devastating.

By the way Angola does apparently own a lot of money to china so I guess that this is the least that we can handle rn instead of a war or something like that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (129)
28.41%
No - I have already returned home (62)
13.66%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (88)
19.38%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (42)
9.25%
No - I live at home during term anyway (133)
29.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed