L20Cg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m currently in week 6/7 of my Law course - I really really don’t like it. I’m surprised with this because I researched it for months to confirm it was what I wanted to do. I want to drop out and start a communications, advertising and marketing course which I think I’ll enjoy a lot more in September. Is this a stupid idea? Would I be better to stick the law out instead?
username5359016
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by L20Cg)
I’m currently in week 6/7 of my Law course - I really really don’t like it. I’m surprised with this because I researched it for months to confirm it was what I wanted to do. I want to drop out and start a communications, advertising and marketing course which I think I’ll enjoy a lot more in September. Is this a stupid idea? Would I be better to stick the law out instead?
Sorry that your not enjoying your course. Which uni is this? What don't you like about it? Also what career do you want to do?
L20Cg
Rep:
?
(Original post by metallic67)
Sorry that your not enjoying your course. Which uni is this? What don't you like about it? Also what career do you want to do?
Honestly don’t know what career I want to have, kind of why I took Law because I thought it would leave more doors open but it’s just really not for me. I’m at a Russell Group for it so that’s why it feels silly to throw it away. I’ve hated the way they’ve started to teach it, especially with Coronavirus, it just feels all over the show and everyone is lost - I know at least 5 people now who have deferred or dropped out of it. I just have zero motivation for it with everything going on and i’m weeks behind now.
username5359016
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by L20Cg)
Honestly don’t know what career I want to have, kind of why I took Law because I thought it would leave more doors open but it’s just really not for me. I’m at a Russell Group for it so that’s why it feels silly to throw it away. I’ve hated the way they’ve started to teach it, especially with Coronavirus, it just feels all over the show and everyone is lost - I know at least 5 people now who have deferred or dropped out of it. I just have zero motivation for it with everything going on and i’m weeks behind now.
I didn't enjoy my law degree at first but it got better as it went along. In the second and third years I could choose modules that I was more interested in. Wanting to become a solicitor is what motivated me to get a first. Uni isn't great right now and I preferred real life seminars and lectures as opposed to more online teaching. It probably doesn't feel great because it is new and you're not used to it. While law can open doors it is better to do a degree that you enjoy and you are interested in. What were your favourite subjects at school/sixth form?
L20Cg
Rep:
?
(Original post by metallic67)
I didn't enjoy my law degree at first but it got better as it went along. In the second and third years I could choose modules that I was more interested in. Wanting to become a solicitor is what motivated me to get a first. Uni isn't great right now and I preferred real life seminars and lectures as opposed to more online teaching. It probably doesn't feel great because it is new and you're not used to it. While law can open doors it is better to do a degree that you enjoy and you are interested in. What were your favourite subjects at school/sixth form?
See I don’t really have any real aspirations to be a Solicitor/Barrister etc. I took Law because I’ve always enjoyed in depth reading and essay writing, plus I thought it’d be more broad than some degrees as I have no idea still what I want to do. English Literature and Biology were my favourites but I’d hate to take them any further than A2 level, just feel so lost with everything right now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads