Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is work placement fulfilling?
Emily_B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes.

If all placements weren't then I'd question why the student was still on the course.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fulfilling how?
SmilePeace
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Emily_B)
Yes.

If all placements weren't then I'd question why the student was still on the course.
I appreciate your rhetorical question. If the course makes students satisfied through allowing their character or abilities to develop fully, and taste the rewarding experience in the career etc, there would be always many students on the course. However, if it is for £5000, it would be tragedy.
SmilePeace
Rep:
?
(Original post by moonkatt)
Fulfilling how?
That is my reason to raise the discussion here.
Emily_B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SmilePeace)
I appreciate your rhetorical question. If the course makes students satisfied through allowing their character or abilities to develop fully, and taste the rewarding experience in the career etc, there would be always many students on the course. However, if it is for £5000, it would be tragedy.
What I said can't be a rhetorical question as I never asked a question - I answered yours.

There aren't always a lot of students on nursing degrees. There's only so many on the course - a mix of how many are interested, how many have the grades/pass the interview, and how many can be accommodated in placement areas. People drop out for all sorts of reasons - for personal reasons, family reasons, failing academic modules, because it wasn't what they were expecting/what it was made out to be (although these were the ones who had no prior healthcare experience and I'm not sure what they expected).
Oh, and £5000 is just the bursary, there's the full student loan on top of that.
SmilePeace
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily_B)
What I said can't be a rhetorical question as I never asked a question - I answered yours.

There aren't always a lot of students on nursing degrees. There's only so many on the course - a mix of how many are interested, how many have the grades/pass the interview, and how many can be accommodated in placement areas. People drop out for all sorts of reasons - for personal reasons, family reasons, failing academic modules, because it wasn't what they were expecting/what it was made out to be (although these were the ones who had no prior healthcare experience and I'm not sure what they expected).
Oh, and £5000 is just the bursary, there's the full student loan on top of that.
Your answer sounds good to me. Thanks, Emily_B
stockleychelsea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is any one receiving long course loan money for being over 25 on a nursing course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.86%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (20)
9.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.37%

Watched Threads